New Gs - Wow

:D Just watched the showing of the NEW GS (2006) on the Lexus WEB Site. Looks like a great refinment of the GS with out being to far in left field. The 300 is getting a larger V6 engine with 245 HP. They did not say what the litter size was.

What to you all think of it????????

I believe the motor is the 3.3 - I also think lexus is !Removed! up by leaving the inline 6 in the trash. Best motor ever built with more power potential than almost anything else out there. But they got to appeal to the masses and keep up with the Jones'. I haven't seen it. I'm sure it looks good.

<_< Looks good but not great as I was expecting. The only increase in performance for us 400/430 owners will be the addition of another gear in the automatic transmission! The V8 is the same motor! All wheel drive is only available on the new V6 and not on the V8!?! I'm not paying the $35,000 I'd estimate it would take to trade my GS400 in for the new 2006 GS430. About all we would gain (besides the looks) is Climate Controled (air conditioned) Seats and Keyless Ignition. Bring me a GS500 with all wheel drive, a sequential manual transmission, and heads up display then I will get interested! By the way, more photos at http://pressroom.lexus.com/

Are we sure this is an o6 model?? It was common knowledge that lexus would replace the GS in 05. Thats fine with me though, my car will look new for another year. The only reference to the year on the lexus web-site seemed to be this part of the press release:

A rear back-up camera is also added for 2006, providing an extra margin of confidence when reversing the vehicle. Available in conjunction with the optional navigation system, it automatically projects an image of what the camera lens can detect behind the vehicle onto the navigation screen when the vehicle is in the reverse gear.

As a matter of fact, I really like it. You can see the coupe influence on it. I can see the old SC in the front lights, the current SC in the doors, the greenhouse is very unique, a real head turner and the best part THEY DIDN'T RIP ANYONE OFF! Go Lexus, like the ES and the IS, it can turly be called an original design.

As a matter of fact, depending on how it drives it may get me out of my car in 2007 instead of the LS.

I love the interior very fresh and new, sporty but elegant.

I think the Nissan influence is the other way around. I see a lot of Lexus in the new Nissans, so it would stand to reason that this new model would resemble a Nissan.

Also bear in mind that Lexus vehicles ALWAYS look better in person than in photographs.

I'm just reading them all flaming each other about it over at CL lol.

Not surprised they generally dont like it over there. The more and more I see it I like it. Can't wait to see one in person.

lol they would flame each other over there wouldnt they!

i like it but just see alot of nissan in it.but like you said maybe its nissan thats bitting off of lexus.then again the nissan body style has been out way before this new lexus style thats coming so the critics will say its lexus thats bitting off nissan but who knows.

of course in person it will look alot better!