Winter Driving

I have 2006 RX400h AWD and planning to go up to June Mountain (CA) end of Feb. It's gonna be my 1st winter driving (possibly in snow) w/ my 400h.

Should be concerned or watch out for anything w/ my 400h?

Thanks.

Man, I LOVE the June Lake loop! :wub: I grew up going there with my family and we had friends with a cabin up above Silver lake. You will love it!

Our RX400h AWD has stock all season tires on it, and it serves us well in the heavy snows we get here in Utah. I would recommend that when you get into some good snow, take the opportunity to find an open parking lot and drive around in it a bit. Try out the brakes, turns and gas and see how it responds so you know what to expect.

Just be careful. That you are here asking the questions in advance tells me that you will do just fine. You obviously realize that things will not be the same as dry pavement driving. Enjoy the trip, your RX will treat you well. No worries.

I found the 400h to be above-average for snow driving.

(The only downside was it's tendency in deep snow to "give up" just a little bit too early when reducing torque to avoid spinning.)

But all-in-all, very nice.

I have 2006 RX400h AWD and planning to go up to June Mountain (CA) end of Feb. It's gonna be my 1st winter driving (possibly in snow) w/ my 400h.

Should be concerned or watch out for anything w/ my 400h?

Thanks.