Is300 Gas Mileage

99blkgs

Hello,

I am a current lexus GS owner and am looking to purchase an IS300 as a secondary vehicle. What are some realistic numbers you guys are getting on your automatic IS's. Fueleconomy.gov rates the IS to get worse mileage than the LS430, how true is this

Please share some numbers

Thanks Guys.

i have a manual and i get 22/23 mpg everytime! my friend has an auto and gets the same...

excellent, now my gs im keeping that stock besides a k&n filter but this one i would like to put a cold air intake and a full exhaust, would deleting the catalytic converters help out in performance and gas mileage as well, any suggestions guys on what full exhaust to go with from the header down. thank you

i have an k&n typhoon intake and an hks drager 2 axle back exhaust and i love it.... i used to have a header as well and it made a horrid smell with no cats and the gains weren't that noticeable and it was ridiculously loud... but i didn't notice any better gas mileage with it... but an intake with the hks drager 2 sounds aggressive and in my taste sounds perfect... i would suggest them in a heartbeat!

how can this be since the IS is lighter than the GS considering its the same motor. Im really looking to get a second lexus but if it gets worse mileage than a ls430 then this car is out of the question, its like driving a honda crv and spending gas like an excursion

how can this be since the IS is lighter than the GS considering its the same motor. Im really looking to get a second lexus but if it gets worse mileage than a ls430 then this car is out of the question, its like driving a honda crv and spending gas like an excursion

I got a constant 25 MPG highway mileage out of my 02 Is300. It's geared to offset the lack of power. The RPM at 70 MPH is higher than any car I have driven in the last 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have the 03 lexus is 300 . stick shift 5 speed mein exhaust and a k&n intake setup. I get ruffly 18 -22 mpg. not great but its a quick ride and sexxy. On a side note... anyone here tell me why in the middle of my speedometer i got a mpg gauge that goes from 0-80? is 80 ever really possible even in a hybrid lol or am i just dumb and the mpg stands for somthing completely differnt?

i have the 03 lexus is 300 . stick shift 5 speed mein exhaust and a k&n intake setup. I get ruffly 18 -22 mpg. not great but its a quick ride and sexxy. On a side note... anyone here tell me why in the middle of my speedometer i got a mpg gauge that goes from 0-80? is 80 ever really possible even in a hybrid lol or am i just dumb and the mpg stands for somthing completely differnt?

that mpg gauge is pretty much a conversation piece lol.....

• 5 months later...