Alarm Randomly Going Off!

jcrome04

Hey Threadcutter maybe they played hard to get for you ;) hahaha

Well they told me they checked out "pin continuity" and switched and latches and sensors. It was there for 4 hours and never set off for them once. And the problem was apparently solved. I didn't ask for specific step-by-step details of how it was fixed as they were busy and I was in a hurry to get somewhere.

It's apparently a little deeper than that because it's started to happen again. Not nearly as frequently as it had been... but still happening maybe once or twice a day.

Is there any wiring or sensors in the sides of the trunk area under the matts? On each side of the spare tire? The bottom of my trunk still fills with water... I can't figure out why.... Maybe there is some wiring down there it is getting ruined...

Is everyone purposefully ignoring my other thread???? :censored: lol It's been up for almost 48 hours and not ONE reply???? :lol: sheesh!

Sorry if you don't like my hastened answers I've been real busy lately.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they told me they checked out "pin continuity" and switched and latches and sensors. It was there for 4 hours and never set off for them once. And the problem was apparently solved. I didn't ask for specific step-by-step details of how it was fixed as they were busy and I was in a hurry to get somewhere.

It's apparently a little deeper than that because it's started to happen again. Not nearly as frequently as it had been... but still happening maybe once or twice a day.

Is there any wiring or sensors in the sides of the trunk area under the matts? On each side of the spare tire? The bottom of my trunk still fills with water... I can't figure out why.... Maybe there is some wiring down there it is getting ruined...

Is everyone purposefully ignoring my other thread???? :censored: lol It's been up for almost 48 hours and not ONE reply???? :lol: sheesh!

Sorry if you don't like my hastened answers I've been real busy lately.

Yeeesh......listen to you. No, not much of a problem there.......horn o' plenty :cheers: ......But don't tell me you don't remember the "Debbie Too Good Shoes".......Every school had at least one. Good looking, superior attitude, married a "professional", got dumped at 40 because her "professional" husband traded her in for 2 twenties. There is justice in the world once in a while......Too bad though.

Replace your trunk gasket, it's compressed and leaking when you wash it or it rains. There's also a trim piece at the bottom of the window that could probably stand to be re-"gooed". 3M makes a really good gasket goo. I don't remember the name of it, but a local NAPA store should be able to help you out.

Well it's not wet at all inside the trunk where things are kept.

It's only underneath the matts where the spare tire is... It's really weird... maybe the seams are bad..... uuuugggghhhhhhh

Well it's not wet at all inside the trunk where things are kept.

It's only underneath the matts where the spare tire is... It's really weird... maybe the seams are bad..... uuuugggghhhhhhh

Yeah, understood........BUT........I had the same problem on my '95 and a new (Genuine) gasket fixed the problem. If I knew how the water got into the spare well from leaks from the gasket, I've forgotten. But yes, I had water in the spare well. No body damage anywhere, no seam leaks. I seem to remember the gasket was about $90 (maybe more) from the stealer. The 3M goo wasn't cheap either, but what of 3M's is competitively priced?

I will give you a gift of an idea , for $5 you can fix your gasket that is compressed.

The one condition is no more beating up LOC (elsewere) for not giving you quick answers.

Go to a hardware store and buy the round weatherstripping in 1/4 inch or smaller. Cut a hole in a corner and spray silicone lube through the gasket.

Once you have done this thread the insulation in and it will cause the gasket to come back to life.

I should charge $1 each for all these ideas.

I will give you a gift of an idea , for $5 you can fix your gasket that is compressed.

The one condition is no more beating up LOC (elsewere) for not giving you quick answers.

Go to a hardware store and buy the round weatherstripping in 1/4 inch or smaller. Cut a hole in a corner and spray silicone lube through the gasket.

Once you have done this thread the insulation in and it will cause the gasket to come back to life.

I should charge $1 each for all these ideas.

Not bad, not bad.......

Sure, give it a try. If it doesn't work, you're not out much........but it sounds like it will.

Let us know how it comes out.

I have done this too my doors but here in Canada it is a bit chilly still . When it gets warmer i will try and fill it up . I also need to find a smaler than 1/4 piping as it fills it perfectly making it hard to compress.

You may need to make a few cuts at the corners for feeding the piping.

Also push the extension hose into the seal at a few points and saturate the seal with silicone spra to make it feed freely .

I resealed the gasket a few years ago and it worked shortly and not well.

Now if i could find some new trunk struts i would really be happy.