Rx300 Front Shock Replacement

dgorrie

My 1999 RX300 has a leaking shock at left front. I have heard that I might be able to replace the bad shock with a new inert/cartridge, versus replacing the strut altogether. KYB is supposed to be the vendor, but so far I can find no indication online that a cartridge is available.

My questions are:

1) is there a cartridge actually available, and if so, does anyone know a part number and a good source?

2) If a strut is required, it appears that the parts are available online for $95-$115 or so. Do I have to be careful about any specific versions of replacements, and does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get them at a good price?

Many thanks

Doug Gorrie

My 1999 RX300 has a leaking shock at left front. I have heard that I might be able to replace the bad shock with a new inert/cartridge, versus replacing the strut altogether. KYB is supposed to be the vendor, but so far I can find no indication online that a cartridge is available.

My questions are:

1) is there a cartridge actually available, and if so, does anyone know a part number and a good source?

2) If a strut is required, it appears that the parts are available online for $95-$115 or so. Do I have to be careful about any specific versions of replacements, and does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get them at a good price?

Many thanks

Doug Gorrie

Hey dgorrie,

I have to replace my 99 Rx front struts as well. I found some KYB strut inserts on a website but did not know if our vehicles accepts those.

Can you please email me at melschase@yahoo.com if you get any feedback on your struts? I wish you the best of luck and keep you informed if I find anything also.