2010 Rxs Are Showing Up At Dealerships Now

The engine compartment reminds me of Xerox machines, they tried to hide everything to either make them customer friendly or unfriendly depending on how you look at it.....

I just noticed 3 at my local dealer. If I hadn't bought my ES 7 months ago I'd be there right now buying one! I'm kinda cheesed off that they made the Venza, I really liked the RX because it was special to Lexus and it wasn't just a glorified Toyota.

Whats everyone's opinion on the new navigation system? I played with it a bit at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show and I thought it was OK, better than BMW or Acura's but I still prefer the touch screen.

I just noticed 3 at my local dealer. If I hadn't bought my ES 7 months ago I'd be there right now buying one! I'm kinda cheesed off that they made the Venza, I really liked the RX because it was special to Lexus and it wasn't just a glorified Toyota.

Whats everyone's opinion on the new navigation system? I played with it a bit at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show and I thought it was OK, better than BMW or Acura's but I still prefer the touch screen.

The Toyota Venza and the RX are not the same car.

I believe the Toyota Highlander used to be built on the RX platform until it (the Highlander) was redesigned, but I am unsure if the current model still is.

The RX has its own underpinnings now ... the Highlander, Camry, and RX used to share the same platform, but now the RX has its own.

For the moment as it is the "newest" release Toyota/Lexus has made...

I love the rear wiper on the new RX350 (if anyone has noticed it yet)

;)

We have 3 here ...

I just saw it last night, on the floor of the dealership. Looks bulkier and 'expanded' from the previous series, less of a 'car' than a 'van' than it used to be. Interior very nicely finished, but I have mixed feelings concerning the dashboard design. Rear vision less good than the previous version, itself less good than the original. Better balanced outside shape than the previous. Good value for the price, which is essentially unchanged. Given the 'bigger' feel to it, there is a strong need for Lexus to introduce a smaller SUV.

Judging from the posted photos, the placement of the gearshift lever certainly appears that it would interfere big-time with the use of the climate / stereo / whatever-else controls that are located on the center dash, especially for those of us with huge hands....

Judging from the posted photos, the placement of the gearshift lever certainly appears that it would interfere big-time with the use of the climate / stereo / whatever-else controls that are located on the center dash, especially for those of us with huge hands....

Not really. There is space between the gear lever and the dash, and the gear lever, most of the time, will be in the "D" position, i.e. below the climate controls. In a way, I felt the dash buttons were too streamlined, and practice will be needed to not confuse them. But then, again, I saw the dash while the car was at rest, and maybe some illumination or grouping becomes more evident otherwise.

I drove one yesterday. Liked it very much. Considerably better handling than prior iteration (As usual I threw it and sales dude around a bit) but I think my '05 F150 still might take it in the twisties - probably my 39 year old Buick with F41 suspension too. And that pretty much means Lexus still has a way to go. Why can't they get this part right? Loved the new nav version. Very easy to use with the joystick - needed 'cuz the screen is far away - still a touch screen according to the sales dude. User friendly interface means no longer need to visit Lexus to set custom preferences AND it downloaded my Verizon phone book fast with NO issues. Voice commands seem better and Stupid Sally didn't have trouble understanding me. Quiet, stable, little more exhaust note than I expected but I'm a car guy so I liked this. More engine shielding than a nuke Aircraft Carrier but I could still reach the oil filter from the top. Rear wiper hidden - nice. Spare tire back inside to make room underneath for double-wishbone (oh and no run-flats!). No room for the fold open rear grocery bag holders - back to a cargo net. No strut towers means about 5 more (my estimate) cubic feet storage. Nice leather - of course! Can get seat ventilation. Very good rear seat legroom since there is no 3rd row seating option - better room back here than in the Acura. Rear seat now have low side recline levers NICE - and can be dropped flat from near the rear hatch - also NICE. One lexus dealer in town still has yet to figure out how to order the entertainment system. No longer coming from factory with roof rack cross pieces, which I need. I wonder if they are hiding something that works poorly or has excessive wind noise. There is plenty more I missed or left out - but these are the things that struck me.

We're down to choosing 'tween this and a Ford Flex, which I think is a very well designed and implemented vehicle but is considerably larger and currently (but not for long) a little underpowered.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought 2010 last week, they did a great job. Only exception is there is a problem with the cargo cover, it rattles and I found out this is a common complaint, and they took away the storage compartment for it. The mouse to do radio, climate etc, is nice but need to be careful not to be distracted.

They still dont allow navigation change while car is in motion which is a pain.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We took delivery of a 2010 RX350 the other day. I got the bluetooth phone connection working and transferred all of the addresses. The engine compartment is covered with plastic but its not a big deal to remove them. The small plastic screws are easily remove by pushing on them and they come off.

Overall and so far I like the suv. My wife will drive it most of the time. I get a kick out of the parking assist and rear tv camera but I really dont think I need that.

• 4 years later...

Talk about your plastic shroud all over the engine compartmrnt.....We had a 2007 Volvo S80 which we traded for a 2013 RX 2 weeks ago.

When we first got the Volvo S80,(great Car!), The battery went dead one morning and since I wasn't in a hurry, I thought I'd put the charger on it for a while, just long enough to get it to crank an then take it to the dealer. Not to hard. Right?

I was under the hood of that beast for over 15 minutes trying to find the access cover to the battery. The gray plastic srhoud was so large there wasn't one single piece of the engine compartment that wasn't drowned in gray plastic. Except, the oil dip stick and the windshield fluid.

Finally I ended up calling the dealer for a free tow to the shop. When they showed me the cover for the battery access, believe me, it still wasn't obvious.

When we picked-up my wifes 13' RX350 I made sure they showed me where the battery is !

Paul