2006 Is350 Headlight Problem

Is anyone else having a problem with either one of their headlights going out white they are driving? My right headlight goes out atleast every day. If I turn the switch off and then back on, it will come on. So, I know the lamp isn't out. I had the car in over the weekend (to have my blown subwoofer replaced again - another issue) and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The paper work said "couldn't duplicate problem at this time." Of course it's not going to go out while it's at the dealership. I guess I will just have to take a picture next time it goes out and then show them as proof.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem.

Oh, and since my car was being serviced, they told me about the recall and said my car was one of the affected ones. They had to order the parts as they are 2-3 weeks on backorder.

Okay finally, someone having the same problem as me. My driver's side headlight does not turn on every now on & then. Not consistant, not daily like yours. But it always happens upon starting the vehicle, never noticed it going off on its own while driving (not that i've noticed anyway). But yeah, dealer said to bring it in when the light actually doesn't go on so they can diagnose the problem. Problem is, the light's been coming on most of the time lately... Just hope it doesn't go on before my warranty is up so I can get this covered - whatever's causing it. Let me know if you find out the root cause on your end.

(Assuming you guys have HID lights) I haven't had this problem with my IS350 but have had it happen on my moms Land Rover. When a HID bulb needs to be replaced it will do this. It will come on sometimes and flicking the lights on and off will work for a while. Eventually it will not come on at all. Land Rover replaced the bulb under warranty and it has been fine. Hope this helps!! If you guys are running on halogen bulbs I would have no clue.

Yes - I have HID lights.

(Assuming you guys have HID lights) I haven't had this problem with my IS350 but have had it happen on my moms Land Rover. When a HID bulb needs to be replaced it will do this. It will come on sometimes and flicking the lights on and off will work for a while. Eventually it will not come on at all. Land Rover replaced the bulb under warranty and it has been fine. Hope this helps!! If you guys are running on halogen bulbs I would have no clue.

Yes - I have HID lights.

OK - I took a pciture. here's the proof!

post-18777-1235279952_thumb.jpg

Yes - I have HID lights.

OK - I took a pciture. here's the proof!

Have you replaced the bulb?

• 4 weeks later...

Had my IS in the dealer this week for service and had them check this headlight issue out. They didn't find anything, but said to let them know if it keeps happening. If it happens again and they see it, they said the fix would be covered under my CPO warranty. I'm hoping that they checked all the connections and that something was just loose. Time will tell.

• 3 months later...

Ugh, my driver's side headlight didn't go on last night. Of course I didn't notice until I got home at about 1:30am. Brought this issue to my dealer's attention, their only solution was to bring it in when it occurs. This is probably like the 4th time I caught the light not go on since I purchased the car (Nov/08). & My bumper to bumper warranty is finished this November. Hope I can catch this symptom happen again in time to bring it to the dealer's attention

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or does this only happen while the light switch is in 'auto' mode. Every time I turn the lights on manually I don't recall ever having this problem.

Dealer offered for me to leave the car over night so they could test the prob. Not sure if it's worthwhile as it only happens once or twice a month & i'm sure it won't happen when I waste my time leaving it there over night. Frustrating

Left my car at the dealer today to get the a/c fixed, told them to check on the driver's side front headlight as well. They claim to have caught the light go out while the car was in their posession and changed the lightbulb - find it hard to believe that it happened while the car was with them as this issue does not occur so frequently. Anyways let's see if them putting in a new bulb resolves the issue..

• 2 months later...
Looks like the dealer putting in that new lightbulb solved the problem, no issues since

I can't believe this. I just noticed this happening to my car too The difficulty is that when I notice the issue, it's at night (that's when my lights come on). At that point the dealers are closed.

This has only happened once in the past month but I'm getting the same symptoms.

My car is going in for some other work and I'll ask them to check it. Good to know the solution may be as easy as a bulb change.

Looks like the dealer putting in that new lightbulb solved the problem, no issues since

I can't believe this. I just noticed this happening to my car too The difficulty is that when I notice the issue, it's at night (that's when my lights come on). At that point the dealers are closed.

This has only happened once in the past month but I'm getting the same symptoms.

My car is going in for some other work and I'll ask them to check it. Good to know the solution may be as easy as a bulb change.

I just got back from the dealer. I have a seal or gasket that needs replacing. When it rains, a little water is getting in causing my bulb to go out intermittantly. There is visable condensation in the housing too.

They said this is a problem they have experienced with the HID lights. The are fixing and drying everything up inside the housing. All covered under warrantee.

My last IS had the intermittent on and off issue, and I believe they were HID lights. I use my lights all the time, daytime included. I took it in, told them about it, and the dealer replaced it under warranty. I think, however, the light was off when I took it in, so they were able to diagnose it was the bulb. The only way I found out is I was behind a nice, shiny truck, and saw that the driver's side headlight was out......

I just got back from the dealer. I have a seal or gasket that needs replacing. When it rains, a little water is getting in causing my bulb to go out intermittantly. There is visable condensation in the housing too.

They said this is a problem they have experienced with the HID lights. The are fixing and drying everything up inside the housing. All covered under warrantee.

Not only did they replace the seal and dry things up, they replaced the bulb. He says that the bulb gets so hot even the oil from your fingers will reduce the life of the bulb. So with all the condensation, they believed the life of the bulb would have been shortened considerably. All under warrantee.

He suggests if I ever have to replace a bulb (even halogen), use a paper towel and don't touch the bulb with my fingers.

• 1 month later...

Not only did they replace the seal and dry things up, they replaced the bulb. He says that the bulb gets so hot even the oil from your fingers will reduce the life of the bulb. So with all the condensation, they believed the life of the bulb would have been shortened considerably. All under warrantee.

He suggests if I ever have to replace a bulb (even halogen), use a paper towel and don't touch the bulb with my fingers.

Here's my situation, my 07 250 came with OEM HID. I recently installed the D4S @ 8000k and after the installation I noticed that passenger side light goes out after 30 sec. I did the whole trials and errors and replaced back my old OEM HID bulb. It seems like the OEM HID bulb works good on my car. Since the passenger light didn't work and i replaced the old OEM HID, now I'm driving with 1 OEM HID and 1 Aftermarket D4S HID(driver's side). But recently i start noticing my driver's side HID is out! same issue with my passenger light. The light will shut off but if i turn it back on it will light up again. Does anyone have this issue?

• 1 year later...

Yes, I have a 2006 GS300 and the lights randomly go off. Usually it's one or the other but tonight it was both! The dealer told me the same thing...could not duplicate so therefore could not fix! This is certainly a safety problem.

• 3 months later...

I took my lexus in yesterday for the fuel sensor recall and I had them check out the headlight issue that also occurs on the driver side and they tood me I had an open circuit in the bulb aka the light needs to be replaced. I will replace it as recommended and that should solve the problem. I would reccommend everyone who its having this issue do the same.