'93 Sc400 Repairs Needed - Ideas Appreciated

zimmkckc

Hello all. I bought a '93 SC400 about 3 months ago from an auction for $2800. Very straight car and runs great with 177,000 miles - GREAT DEAL!!! I had to fix the power steering (new rack, new hoses, new pump) and the trunk lid. I had to install new shocks, new brakes, and new tires. Now, I need to fix the following and appreciate any pointers all of you might have:

1. Heater - fan blows but no heat. Replaced the thermostat (cheap and easy) with no joy. Before I pull the engine to replace the heater coil, any ideas from anyone who may have experienced this before?

2. Side mirrors - cannot adjust electronically. Is there a fuse? If so, where can I find it?

3. Radiator - Any tips on where to find the best product?

4. Center console temp control panel - Where can I find one of these?

5. Need new key(s) and ECU - any pointers on where I can find the best priced options?

6. Front speakers extremely weak and rear speakers weak when volume knob turned beyond half-way up - ????

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers!!

Krist

Hello all. I bought a '93 SC400 about 3 months ago from an auction for $2800. Very straight car and runs great with 177,000 miles - GREAT DEAL!!! I had to fix the power steering (new rack, new hoses, new pump) and the trunk lid. I had to install new shocks, new brakes, and new tires. Now, I need to fix the following and appreciate any pointers all of you might have:

1. Heater - fan blows but no heat. Replaced the thermostat (cheap and easy) with no joy. Before I pull the engine to replace the heater coil, any ideas from anyone who may have experienced this before?

2. Side mirrors - cannot adjust electronically. Is there a fuse? If so, where can I find it?

3. Radiator - Any tips on where to find the best product?

5. Need new key(s) and ECU - any pointers on where I can find the best priced options?

6. Front speakers extremely weak and rear speakers weak when volume knob turned beyond half-way up - ????

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers!!

Krist

Sounds like your numbers 1 and 4 could be related. If you aren't seeing the display to control the heater temperature, the climate control module could be the culprit. (display black, blank or partial is a clue) These can usually be rebuilt for around $200 but could be more depending on specifically what is wrong with it. If you suspect the CCM, contact Sammy Wu at Mikado Technology Co., 8840 Forest St., Gilroy, CA 95020, Ph. (650)615-9966. They have a website too if you want to check them out.

"2. Side mirrors - cannot adjust electronically. Is there a fuse? If so, where can I find it?"

zimmkckc, The link below, has the location/picture of the fuse box...POST# 12.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ic=4554&hl=

"3. Radiator - Any tips on where to find the best product?

5. Need new key(s) and ECU - any pointers on where I can find the best priced options?"

For SC OEM used parts here are some links

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc400-300-...o-you-need.html

http://stores.ebay.com/R-J-salvages_92-00-...5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/SLIDEGOODdotCO...Q_fsubZ16394479

1. As the other guy said....might be related to #4. But the valve that allows coolant to flow into the heater core might not be getting power to it or might be stuck closed. Test it out per the service manual which you can download online (search this forum for the link).

2. what grnsc....said

3. Go with a used OEM part. see link at end of this post

4. See link at end of this post...or I might have one...gotta dig in the garage.

5. I don't think your year had chips in the keys and an immobilizer so you can buy key blanks from an online discount dealer like Pembroke Pines. Any half way good locksmith shop can cut a key blank to fit your lock if you remove the trunk lock (easiest one to take out) and take it in to them for about $40. They will cut copies of the master for $5-10 labor (you supply the blanks).

ECU.....get a used one....see link below.

6. You might have a faulty amp. Get a used one. see link below

http://car-part.com/

Avoid ebay unless you know for sure you are getting a good deal on parts. I see stuff like the 97+ taillamps sell there for $300 when each one is $111 from online dealers. Assume a 30% markup on ebay unless you know for sure what parts are worth and what is fair.