Performance Cams

I was wandering if anybody in here has added performance cams to their SC300. I did a search in this forum but nothing came up, so I was wandering if anybody has had any experience with performance cams and if there were any performance gains?

Thanks

I personally haven't seen any performance cams, but there are some cams for Toyota Supras--unknown engine. You check with Nopi or Stillen to see if there are any listed.

Have you looked through our " Performance Parts AND Frequently Asked Question" thread pinned above?

you might want to try www.nonturbo.com in their engines section. take a look at the titan adjustable cam gears. it says it works for Supra TT, N/A and the IS300. it should be compatible with the SC300. but i still dont really suggest it unless you are going turbo. but thats just me :whistles:

264 and up cams are available but are usually custom regrind. The only motors I've seen with worked cams were turbo. There are a few NA worked cammed motors around though. Not sure what lift and duration would be better though.

i have only seen 2 brand name cam gears for the 2jzge engine. one is by unorthadox racing (good company), and another by titan (claims to be as good as unorthadox at 1/2 the price) i believe the unorthadox cams claim 10-15hp which i can believe, anything that is replace with a lighter material in your engine may not gain horsepower, but it can certainly free some up. just like a aluminum flywheel can free up around 10hp