Is 350 Bumper Lip Removal-- Please Help

Hello there,

I hope this is the right place to ask this... I have badly scratched up the lip of the front bumper and want to replace it. This lip is not a spoiler and it comes in two pieces, joined at center. I have the new one(s), started removing the installed one, but quickly gave up. At first it seemed that it was just a matter of removing the 6 (or 8?) screws --which I did-- but that didn't allow me to remove the installed lip.

Can someone please give me a hand and outline the procedure of removing this lip? I cannot raise the car easily at home, so if it involves raising it more than a few inches, I will give up...

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello there,

I hope this is the right place to ask this... I have badly scratched up the lip of the front bumper and want to replace it. This lip is not a spoiler and it comes in two pieces, joined at center. I have the new one(s), started removing the installed one, but quickly gave up. At first it seemed that it was just a matter of removing the 6 (or 8?) screws --which I did-- but that didn't allow me to remove the installed lip.

Can someone please give me a hand and outline the procedure of removing this lip? I cannot raise the car easily at home, so if it involves raising it more than a few inches, I will give up...

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

no idea... but it's kind of common sense to raise up the car first..

Thanks rookie-- I guess I meant to say that I don't have jack stands or similar devices. I did raise it a few inches by driving onto thick boards, though, and that does allow reaching underneath the bumper and removing the obvious screws. That wasn't enough, though... There's got to be some more retainers somewhere!?

Thanks rookie-- I guess I meant to say that I don't have jack stands or similar devices. I did raise it a few inches by driving onto thick boards, though, and that does allow reaching underneath the bumper and removing the obvious screws. That wasn't enough, though... There's got to be some more retainers somewhere!?

Nine screws, 2 clips and 10 tabs :lol: