Gs400 Battery Alternator?

Soo i have a Gs400 is a 98 and worked fine before but now whats happening is my battery is being drained out. So i change the battery and works good for 1 or 2 days than the battery light comes on. A little after that maybe like 3 hours driving with the battery light on.... the vsc, abs, and vsc light all light up. Soon after maybe 10 min after those lights come on the car dies completely even when its in drive. and there no more charging it. If i jump it, it starts for a second but as soon as i put it in drive it dies. For the last month i have been going in walmart and exchanging my battery in for another one. Basically for a temp fix every 2 says. I was told it was the alternator so i had the alternator pulled and checked at kragen. Turn out the alternator passed all the tests, so what is it. please someone help. please i need help bad

Soo i have a Gs400 is a 98 and worked fine before but now whats happening is my battery is being drained out. So i change the battery and works good for 1 or 2 days than the battery light comes on. A little after that maybe like 3 hours driving with the battery light on.... the vsc, abs, and vsc light all light up. Soon after maybe 10 min after those lights come on the car dies completely even when its in drive. and there no more charging it. If i jump it, it starts for a second but as soon as i put it in drive it dies. For the last month i have been going in walmart and exchanging my battery in for another one. Basically for a temp fix every 2 says. I was told it was the alternator so i had the alternator pulled and checked at kragen. Turn out the alternator passed all the tests, so what is it. please someone help. please i need help bad

When you're talking about the batt what do you mean "there's no more charging it"? Did you get a report from kragen and what tests? Have you tested the batt's you're returning? I can't believe they're all defective! If they're not defective, why is walmart exchanging them? What readings are you getting?

fe

When you're talking about the batt what do you mean "there's no more charging it"? Did you get a report from kragen and what tests? Have you tested the batt's you're returning? I can't believe they're all defective! If they're not defective, why is walmart exchanging them? What readings are you getting?

there not defective they just drain out with my car and what i mean by there's no more charging it is even if i jump the car the charge wont last because the battery's completely juiced out. I went to kragen they checked the alternator they said it was good so what is draining my battery??? walmart is exchanging them because i go to different walmarts around here never the same one

fe

there not defective they just drain out with my car and what i mean by there's no more charging it is even if i jump the car the charge wont last because the battery's completely juiced out. I went to kragen they checked the alternator they said it was good so what is draining my battery??? walmart is exchanging them because i go to different walmarts around here never the same one

First of all, let's make sure a drain is your prob. Check that your serpentine belt is nice and tight and not slipping. Next check that your connections to both the batt and alt are also nice and tight. You could check the continuity of the cables as well. Check grounds. If they all check out, then next hook up a ammeter to measure the draw from the batt. Measure it with all systems off (including the engine of course :P ) If there's no noticeable reading, then check your voltage at the batt with the engine running to see what the alt is putting out. Make sure your leads are making contact at the actual batt terminals. If you're getting between ~13 - 14 v, then next have the batt tested.

• 3 weeks later...
fe

First of all, let's make sure a drain is your prob. Check that your serpentine belt is nice and tight and not slipping. Next check that your connections to both the batt and alt are also nice and tight. You could check the continuity of the cables as well. Check grounds. If they all check out, then next hook up a ammeter to measure the draw from the batt. Measure it with all systems off (including the engine of course :P ) If there's no noticeable reading, then check your voltage at the batt with the engine running to see what the alt is putting out. Make sure your leads are making contact at the actual batt terminals. If you're getting between ~13 - 14 v, then next have the batt tested.

sorry for the late response ive been going crazy trying to find the problem. I have changed the serpentine belt just to rule that out of the equation. The connections are tight to the battery and the alternator. I took it to a shop and they said my solnoid in my transmission is grounding or thiers a short in the transmission. Please help me now how much is that gona cost to fix so i dont get ripped of. please help me i have gona threw aout 25 batterys in about a 1 month period

fe

sorry for the late response ive been going crazy trying to find the problem. I have changed the serpentine belt just to rule that out of the equation. The connections are tight to the battery and the alternator. I took it to a shop and they said my solnoid in my transmission is grounding or thiers a short in the transmission. Please help me now how much is that gona cost to fix so i dont get ripped of. please help me i have gona threw aout 25 batterys in about a 1 month period

Since you're obviously not a diy, take your car to Toyota and have them test your charging system. My guess is your alt is toast. If you like, call them first to find out what they'll charge you for a diagnosis. Ask them to measure for a possible parasitic drain on the batt as well.

• 1 year later...
fe

Sir I am having the same headaches you had/have, I have also gone through what you did and I am now fraustrated. Could you please share if you fix your problem and what was the problem and the fix.

thanks in advance my email id horam452@live.com

Since you're obviously not a diy, take your car to Toyota and have them test your charging system. My guess is your alt is toast. If you like, call them first to find out what they'll charge you for a diagnosis. Ask them to measure for a possible parasitic drain on the batt as well.

fe

Sir I am having the same headaches you had/have, I have also gone through what you did and I am now fraustrated. Could you please share if you fix your problem and what was the problem and the fix.