Rear Spoiler

RickES

After I made the deal I hade the dealer throw in cargo net, all-weather mats and a rear spoiler. I am having second thoughts on the spoiler. What do you guys think? I was thinking it was fairly small like a lip but the brochure pictures show a larger one that even appears to be raised with gap between the trunk and spoiler? Does anyone have a real picture?

Thanks

After I made the deal I hade the dealer throw in cargo net, all-weather mats and a rear spoiler. I am having second thoughts on the spoiler. What do you guys think? I was thinking it was fairly small like a lip but the brochure pictures show a larger one that even appears to be raised with gap between the trunk and spoiler? Does anyone have a real picture?

Thanks

On the IS the spoiler looks good, but on an ES, it loses it's appeal. I like the ES look better without the spoiler. :P

Agreed, I'm not a fan of the spoiler on the ES either. All weather mats are a must in my opinion so good call there.

What color are u getting?

g-luck either way it will be nice

IMO no spoiler as the car has nice lines..... I had dealer do moldings all around (side, wheels front-back bumper) ---the moldings have within 10 months (~6900 + miles) saved my car about 10 dings from other morons!!!

had spoiler on my previous 99 maxima SE liked it on there ---spoiler on the Es is sort of small imo.... but hey look and see what u like--some like the spoilers really a personnel preference..

enjoy!

Thanks

My wife's has a spoiler. She hates spoilers, this could have been a deal breaker when we bought it, but she really didn't seem to mind it on her ES. It is rather non obtrusive. It really doesn't look bad. It's a personal thing IMO. Get what appeals to you.

Lou

I have the spoiler on my Smokey Granite ES350. I really like the look; I think it adds a more dramatic line to the back of the car. I agree that on lighter colors the seam between trunk and spoiler is distracting.

The floor mats are great; they use a lot of road salt in Ohio which trashes the carpets. The cargo net, in my opinion, isn't worth the effort to install.

My dealer throw in Sat Radio and a custom grill to do the deal which was enough for me.

The cargo net, in my opinion, isn't worth the effort to install.

IMHO, the cargo net is the greatest invention since the glove compartment. There's always something in mine. It keeps things organized and in one place, and is a great place to hid things when the car is parked.

How can you not like the cargo net????

Lou

The ES looks great without the spoiler in my opinion. Honestly, I have always thought the car is slightly too thick in the back section as compared to the front.... and the spoiler seems to exacerbate that appearance to me.

(And a spoiler on an ES; it almost seems like an oxymoron. We have to keep in mind this is basically a meticulously crafted, Japanese Buick. :o )

Initially, I didn't like it, but the dealer only had a spoiler-equipped car in the color combination I wanted--SGM with gray interior. Now the look has grown on me, and I appreciate being in the minority as most cars I see on the road don't have it. It seems that the batch of cars that happened to come in when I was car shopping all had these, as a nearby neighbor's ES also has the spoiler, and he bought his just before I did.

The lip adds a little kick to the rear end, so the car looks a bit more youthful. And yes, I'm on the junior side of the ES-buyer spectrum.

I love my cargo net.... i keep in it digital tire pressure reder, in original packaging, the user manual for the car, spare plastic garbage bag to line the trunk with if transporting anything like bags soil etc, some bug protectorant for summer, put in loose stuff when shopping so it does not roll around in the trunk... and it takes up little space for what it provides,,,, some other stuff

I keep my cd cases (have th eML stereo so 6 cde's in car usually ) in the glove and my insurance..

so kudo's for the cargo net IMO....

The cargo net, in my opinion, isn't worth the effort to install.

IMHO, the cargo net is the greatest invention since the glove compartment. There's always something in mine. It keeps things organized and in one place, and is a great place to hid things when the car is parked.

How can you not like the cargo net????

Lou

I love my cargo net.... i keep in it digital tire pressure reder, in original packaging, the user manual for the car, spare plastic garbage bag to line the trunk with if transporting anything like bags soil etc, some bug protectorant for summer, put in loose stuff when shopping so it does not roll around in the trunk... and it takes up little space for what it provides,,,, some other stuff

I keep my cd cases (have th eML stereo so 6 cde's in car usually ) in the glove and my insurance..

so kudo's for the cargo net IMO....

+1 for owner's manual. Way too big for glove box :lol:

I don't keep anything in my trunk except a spare window scrapper and the other season's floor mats.

In general, I think the trunk could offer a bit more storage nooks; my Audi has recessed pockets that are good for holding things so they never roll around or block the entrance to the trunk as the net does,

I do like the idea of the keeping the owner's manual in the net, though. I'll have to see how that works for me.

Mayhaps u r just not used to it? yah the manual and maint guide are too big for the glove and i don't want it taking up all the center console space..

I never have an issue with the net blocking the entrance.

g luck all!

I don't keep anything in my trunk except a spare window scrapper and the other season's floor mats.

In general, I think the trunk could offer a bit more storage nooks; my Audi has recessed pockets that are good for holding things so they never roll around or block the entrance to the trunk as the net does,

I do like the idea of the keeping the owner's manual in the net, though. I'll have to see how that works for me.

I was all ready to get a spoiler when I purchased my 09 ES. However, after going a few weeks without it, I prefer the ES without the spolier. I think the aerodynamics are perfect on this car and does not need any additional 'help'. This car exudes class and elegance. When parked it has an awesome 'stance'. :cheers: