Fuel Line Replacement

Took my car in yesterday for the 45,000-mile service, and my service advisor told me that Lexus was going to replace my fuel lines free of charge. I asked him if it was a recall, and he looked at me with a grin and said the name of whatever it was, Service something-or-other, but said it was basically a recall. It wasn't anything from a higher-up source telling Lexus to do it, they were doing it on their own.

Anybody heard of this? I guess I could do some research, but thought I'd start here first.....

And geesh, I haven't been on here in a while, I just saw ri****in was banned! (Or however his name was spelled, ya'll know who I mean......) I really need to read all of those posts, lol!

Yea, there are a couple threads about this service campaign. Something to do with replacing the fuel lines due to ethanol causing corrosion in those lines. Ethanol apparently absorbs water and that is causing problems.

And yea, Ris got himself into some drama. Sad really, he had been warned.

Yeah, I just got a call from Lexus yesterday regarding this...they wanted me to schedule an appointment right away. I don't know the specifics, but I was told they were doing something to correct each of the following for my 06 IS250:

* Fuel delivery pipe

* Electric power steering

* Rear brake caliber

Yeah, I just got a call from Lexus yesterday regarding this...they wanted me to schedule an appointment right away. I don't know the specifics, but I was told they were doing something to correct each of the following for my 06 IS250:

* Fuel delivery pipe

* Electric power steering

* Rear brake caliber

yup. I had my car at lexus about three weeks ago while they were looking at something else they performed these three fixes. They told me the one for the electric power steering had something to do with the rack and pinion assembly.

Lexus sent out notices on the fuel pipes some months ago. It applies to a certain VIN range. I had mine done a while back. The TSB has to do with the way the pipes were bent with possible fracturing later on in their life. A metal stress issue. Being as the pipes are stainless I don't think this particular TSB was related to ethanol. I don't think any modern car has any problems with fuel containing ethanol. If they did it would be rubber seals or hoses.

Yeah, I just called my service advisor, and he told me it related to certain VIN numbers, and mine is an older-model 2007, so don't have to worry about the "rack and pinion." lol.

I didn't receive anything in the mail from Lexus re the fuel lines. However, I did get a letter from them this week telling me to bring in my car for the 45k service.

Yeah, I just called my service advisor, and he told me it related to certain VIN numbers, and mine is an older-model 2007, so don't have to worry about the "rack and pinion." lol.

I didn't receive anything in the mail from Lexus re the fuel lines. However, I did get a letter from them this week telling me to bring in my car for the 45k service.

Mine is very early 06. The dealer should check the VIN.

Mine is very early 06. The dealer should check the VIN.

Had mine changed in the UK. It's to do with the orientation of the longitudinal seam weld possibly causing a fatigue fracture. Also had both my rear calipers changed under warranty due to seized slider pins.