Windows Won't Work?

Hi,

So I just picked up my '06 IS 250 AWD and tried to roll down all of the windows from the driver seat and the only one that worked was the drivers window. So I got out and checked each one individually by pressing each window button on every door and they all worked. So I just can't roll it down from the drivers seat. I checked to see if I had the window locks on or something but I didn't. I don't know if it is just a short in the system or if it is just a simple fix. Thanks in advance for the solution.

It sounds like you need to reset them. Use the controller on each door and lower the window all the way, then raise the window back up all the way all the way around the car. Then see if the master control on the driver door works.

It sounds like you need to reset them. Use the controller on each door and lower the window all the way, then raise the window back up all the way all the way around the car. Then see if the master control on the driver door works.

yes this works. when you individually roll them back up I think you have to press auto up on them but I'm not 100%. Thats what I did and it worked

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

This worked for me after disconnecting battery for 2 days to change timing belt. I thought I had fried something during this work. Instead this thread to the rescue! Thank you for this post/ thread.

2006 GX430 Owner

One further note. The passenger side front door did not initialize on the first, second, third, or forth try! Panic!

It initialized finally when I just rolled it down half way and waited for about 10 seconds, then rolled it up. Then I wen't over to my drivers door and it worked.

The two rear doors worked on the first try.

• 5 years later...

I have this problem with my 2006 IS250 except we haven’t tried this reset for years after changing the battery.  So attempting to try this reset....driver’s window goes up and down fine, but passenger and rear windows won’t go up or down via the drivers control NOR via the window control on each separate door.  Any ideas???

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I’m new here and I’m stuck a bit .. so I ran a obd test on my 2001 is300 and the knock sensor gave out I bought the part at autozone but the parts are different the thread is way bigger than the other one .. why is this I went back to autozone and they said it’s the right part which I don’t idk if it is or not I spent $180 on the sensor. Are there two sensors ?.