Rx330 Gas Mileage

rfcbuf

Just took delivery of new RX 330 all wheel drive and am disappointed with gas mileage. Getting about 16.5 mpg with about 50% highway driving. Is that because of new engine or can I expect more of the same after break in. What are other drivers of this vehicle getting for fuel economy? :unsure:

Not to good here, I did about 230 miles, got 18.6 , that was 60% highway.

Around town the stop and go kills the mileage. I have about 500 miles, it got a liitle better but not close to my 02 es300. I really am very gentle on the pedal, seems the gas gauge moves fast after the 3/4 mark.

What does this thing weigh?

Bought my AWD RX330 back in July 03 and get around 21.8 MPG average with around 50% to 75% highway/expressway driving. On highway only driving (I just got back from Reno this last weekend) I almost averaged 24 MPG. I noticed that the fuel efficiency drops drastically when you drive above 75 mph.

I also applied the ECM TSB upgrade a few months back and noticed that the fuel efficiency dropped by around 2 MPG. Since then it has come back to what it was before the upgrade. I have a feeling that the mileage will improve over time, since they claim that the ECM software will "learn" over 5k miles. Don't know about the accuracy of that statement. ;)

The TSB I applied is to improve the shifting (especially in low gears). There used to be this annoying lag between first and second gear. Lexus came out with a fix that is supposed to improve the transmission shift. I'm generally satisfied with the results but noticed that the fuel efficiency dropped by a couple of miles for the first 2k miles after applying the new codes. It is now back to normal.

We are getting about 21 in our RX330 AWD as with some of you, are a bit disappointed also. Speed limit in Colorado is 75 and my wife drives 30 miles each way almost all Interstate, so that might explain it, I don't know.

Perhaps Lexus is doing this on purpose to push us all to get the hybrid RX400 (thought I saw that is what the RX330 hybrid would be called) when it hits the stores in 2004/05 :D

jerryray

sharp looking car, where did you get the tube steps and arew they chrome ?

Dealer, also they are made by WAAG

Jerryray...nice car...BTW where did you get those bumper protectors ..we have the same color - Breakwater Blue and have been looking for the same bumper protectors...please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Flipside

jerryray

Jerryray...nice car...BTW where did you get those bumper protectors ..we have the same color - Breakwater Blue and have been looking for the same bumper protectors...please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Flipside

The protectors came from the dealer. Rallye i Glen Cove NY

jerryray

Thanks,

Flipside

The protectors came from the dealer. Rallye i Glen Cove NY