Glass Cleaner?

Just got my 09 RX 350. This is my first Lexus. Was told it has special glass coating so water beads up. Could not tell if these windows have been around for awhile or a relatively new feature. Read some of the posts about cleaning the windows and the products to use but just want to make sure I got the right product for these windows. Please advise. Thanks

This 'coating' is on the outside of the front windshield, and on the front driver and passenger windows. It's not 'new', it's been on every Lexus model for ~10 yrs or so.

It can be cleaned just like any other window, just use car soap or whatever. It's not a 'soft' coating or anything that you should be afraid of.

For the insider glass, just use a damp cloth.

Oh my god, no microfiber on glass please :o

Unless you're using a brand new $100 microfiber towel, the little 'fibers' from the material will be left behind and 'static' cling to the glass. They will be a PITA to remove.

Just use a cotton towel. This is from experience...

Oh my god, no microfiber on glass please :o

Unless you're using a brand new $100 microfiber towel, the little 'fibers' from the material will be left behind and 'static' cling to the glass. They will be a PITA to remove.

Just use a cotton towel. This is from experience...

I use a microfiber towel and "Invisible Glass" cleaner on my car weekly and never have this problem.

Unless you were to put your microfiber towels in the washing machine with a bunch of other lint-covered rags, I don't see how this could be an issue.

I too have consistently had fiber problems using MFs on glass. Some do it, some don't in my experience...very frustrating.

I have one that works well and I use that, newspaper works very well too.

newspapers...I had a flashback there for a minute. Used to have to polish dads chrome bumpers with newspaper!

I buy my microfibre(fiber?) towels in a 30 pack at Costco and they do window duty, then detail duty, then rag duty(change my own oil and Jeep stuff), then landfill duty. Package lasts about a year.

I have not had my towels lint up like you guys have had sw03 and cduluk. Check out these costco ones. I think the 30 pack was only 10-12 bucks.

Costco and Sam's Club towel will shred and cause strange reflections off of the glass right out of the package. Tried them on the car's glass and on the house windows with the same result. I used Stoner's Invisible Glass to boot. The best method I've found is a cotton towel, any glass cleaner (even Windex or very weak detergent in a sprayer), and then a follow-up with a pure water rinse and a clean cotton towel.

You all have probably noticed how sparkling clean and bright the exterior windshield is after a car washing. That is due to the soap, of course, but especially the water rinse. It is not as easy to do on the interior glass surface that way but is worth a try with a sprayer or mister. The glass surfaces seem to stay clean longer as an added bonus. If you try it you'll see what I mean.

Here is a thread from a while ago that beats the subject to death.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ic=32319&hl