New Lexus Owner In Need Of Advice Please?

rookielexus

Just purchased an 04 Lexus RX330. 80,000k's.. So far very happy with it and no known problems. Want some advice on what to have serviced on it. I'm planning on taking it in to a local lexus dealer to have an oil change and a service check? any recommendations on what to have them check? Anyone know of any local non dealer mechanics that are knowledgeable of lexus'. I live in toronto Canada.

Welcome aboard, I would just start with fluid changes, engine oil, and transmission fluid (drain and fill only) If you have a Toyotas only kind of independent garage they would be a lot cheaper.

Rookielexus,

Welcome, if you do not have prior vehicle service records I would recommend changing the engine oil and filter, transmission pan service to insure the transmission is in good condition and then perform a transmission fluid exchange. This is an easy process to complete if you have mechanical skills and do your own service work. If not any competent shop should be able to complete for you. I would also recommend at some point changing the fluids in the differential.

The engine holds 5-quarts of 5W-30 or 0W-30 oil; the oil filter is an AMSOIL EaO57 or WIX 51348; the air filter is a WIX 46673; the cabin air filter is a WIX 24905; the transmission will hold approximately 4-quarts if you drain the pan only and approximately 10-quarts to exchange the entire system; the rear differential holds 1.9 pints of 75W-90 or 80W-90 GL-5 gear oil; and the transfer case holds 1.9 pints of 75W-90 or 80W-90 GL-5 gear oil; the cooling system hold 10 quarts of coolant.

If you would like to view and print this information, you can go follow this link to the AMSOIL online fluid capacity look up: http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1378...p;page=appguide

I'm an Independent AMSOIL Dealer and Lexus Owners Club forum sponsor. I'm here to assist you with your vehicle fluid questions, and can provide you with AMSOIL synthetic lubricates and filters if you are looking for the best synthetics for your vehicle. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance or have additional questions.

Thanks,

John Kahrs

Independent AMSOIL Dealer

john@johnsoils.com

www.johnsoils.com

www.yoursyntheticsolutions.com

(319) 240-3546

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know of any local non dealer mechanics that are knowledgeable of lexus'. I live in toronto Canada.

Welcome to the club RL! You'll find better rates for everything at a Toyota dealership. Just make sure it's not part of a joint Toyota/Lexus business. Otherwise they'll send you to the Lexus service. You can also ask for Toyota parts, many of which are interchangeable with the Camry. Lexus uses the same parts but often repackages them with their name on the box and of course a bigger price.