Need To Get This Off My Chest...

jcrome04

Wow.....

blackcoupe.jpg

I'm sorry... (not really) but I think the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe is SO freaking amazing..

" Introduced at the 2008 New York Auto Show, the 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe is the two-door companion to the rear-wheel-drive Genesis sedan. The Genesis coupe will go on sale in the U.S. in spring 2009, as a 2010 model. Hyundai initially will offer two engines in the Genesis coupe: a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder rated at 212 horsepower and 217 pound-feet of torque, and a normally aspirated 3.8-liter V6 rated at 306 hp and 263 lb-ft. The output ratings are slightly higher on premium fuel at 310 hp for the V6 and 223 hp for the turbo four. Both engines will come with a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Optional transmissions include a ZF six-speed automatic, with manual shift capability on the V6, and a five-speed Shiftronic automatic on the four-cylinder. Hyundai says the Genesis coupe with V6 will sprint from zero to 60 mph in less than 6.0 seconds, with a top speed of 149 mph. The Korean automaker has not yet revealed pricing on the Genesis coupe but said it will be aimed at the Infiniti G37 coupe, which lists for $35,215. Standard equipment includes stability control, pushbutton start, outside temperature gauge and an iPod jack. "

-Edmunds.com Inside Line

The v6 is supposed to start at ~$30g (probably under) which seems like a helluva value.

I have been getting an itch to buy a brand new car... Something sportier... I don't know why, but this car (i think) is just calling my name... whispering sweet nothings into my ears :D hahaha.

Maybe it's because it resembles and IS350?? ... and with 310hp it's definitely running with the IS350's...

I know not all of you will agree... but I kind of want one... 6 speed auto with paddle shifters???? damn... I love paddle shifters!

Let me know what you think.

www.hyundaigenesis.com/coupe

2010HyundaiGenisisCoupe.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some more info I forgot to include...

Commercial:

Features Include:

Brembo 4 Piston fixed brakes

Torsen LSD

The intake system has high and low RPM pathways

Strut bar up front...

Its such a shame Hyundai didn't bite the bullet and create a luxury division. These cars are so much car for the money, and what ultimately will stop them from being completely successful is the American obsession with brand.

Man, that looks hot. I said it five years ago when I was selling cars, that Hyundai was on an aggressive mission to get to the lead of the pack. I said it will be a nice car one day, and as each year goes by, they keep getting better and better. SW I agree with you that they should have made a luxury division because marque/brand bears quite a heft here in the US.

Man, that looks hot. I said it five years ago when I was selling cars, that Hyundai was on an aggressive mission to get to the lead of the pack. I said it will be a nice car one day, and as each year goes by, they keep getting better and better. SW I agree with you that they should have made a luxury division because marque/brand bears quite a heft here in the US.

Did anyone see the TV commercial where Hyundai is offering a purchase deal Hyundai Assurance... if you buy one of their cars, and you lose your job in the first year, they will let you walk away from the contract?? - of course, I think you have to give them back their vehicle :rolleyes:

Now that is some slick marketing!! :D

Yes, I saw the commercial, It definetly gets your attention.

Maybe they will just make "HYUNDAI" ....... cool? haha

Maybe I'll get one by the end of the year? I could easily save up a few grand by then. Sell my LS for a hefty chunk.

I have been getting an itch to buy a brand new car... Something sportier... I don't know why, but this car (i think) is just calling my name... whispering sweet nothings into my ears :D hahaha.

Maybe it's because it resembles and IS350??

I don't think it resembles the IS350 in any way, shape, or form. It looks more like a Tiburon to me...not that there's anything wrong with that :P

hyundai-tiburon-body-kit.jpg

Maybe it's because it resembles and IS350??

I don't think it resembles the IS350 in any way, shape, or form. It looks more like a Tiburon to me...not that there's anything wrong with that :P

hyundai-tiburon-body-kit.jpg

That pic is WAY over photoshopped!! It looks almost like a cartoon pic.

wow, those do look a lot alike. They both have paddle shifters too. And an AUX/ IPod cable. I just don't think that the rear of the 2IS can be beaten. It just blows my mind. I think that this car is going to be sweet though. All of the "cheaper" car companies have been coming out with sportier cars recently. Like the Saturn SKyy, and the Pontiac Solstice but those weren't really bangs for your buck because under the hood, not too impressive. But this reminds me a lot of the Tiburon which was a decent tuner.

Now tell me you do not see the similarities! :)

LexusIS3502006.jpg

hyundaigenesiscoupe5.jpg

I see the similarities but there is no comparison to total look of the IS vs. the other car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows a what a LEXUS is, but hardly anyone what Tuberon is!! :lol:

I actually think this car is set square against cars like the 350Z.

2008Nissan350Z.jpg

Other then the front fascia, the rest of the car is very close. The roof lines are almost identical, and the rear flares are very close also. Heck, even the side view mirrors look the same, almost interchangable! LOL!!

I know alot of people are thinking Hyundai will change the Luxury car market, but at this point, all I can think to myself is let's just wait and see. Hyundai has been very good at hiding their troubles. This is an article from an industry mag that we get.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) _ Hyundai Motor Co. said net profit declined for a fifth straight quarter as sales fell on labour strikes, a stronger South Korean won and intense competition in China.

Hyundai Motor, the world's sixth-largest automaker, said Wednesday that net profit in the first quarter ended March 31 fell 10.2 per cent to 307.4 billion won ($329.22 million), down from 342.39 billion won a year earlier, the company said in a statement.

Last year's first-quarter figure was revised up from an initial 318.83 billion won due to changes in South Korean accounting regulations, said Hyundai spokesman Jake Jang.

Quarterly sales declined 2.6 per cent to 6.684 trillion won ($7.16 billion).

The result was worse than expected. The average estimate of 11 analysts surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires forecast that Hyundai would post a net profit of 392.7 billion won ($421 million).

Labour troubles are a constant headache for Hyundai which, along with affiliate Kia Motors Corp., is aggressively expanding overseas production and aims to become the world's fifth-largest automaker by 2010.

Hyundai's militant labour union has gone on strike every year but one since it was founded in 1987. Last year was Hyundai's worst in terms of worker unrest, when four walkouts cost it 1.64 trillion won ($1.76 billion) in lost output.

January's series of partial strikes, in which workers laid down tools over 13 days amid a bonus dispute, cost the carmaker 266.8 billion won ($286 million) or 18,513 vehicles, in production losses, Hyundai said.

Jang said intense competition in the global auto market also cut into Hyundai's sales.

``The typical example is the China market,'' Jang said. ``There's literally a price war among the global automakers. We are not following that trend of severe price reductions.''

Hyundai said it sold 79,000 of the vehicles it manufactured in China during the first quarter, down 4.1 per cent from the year before. Jang added that Hyundai sold another 4,833 exported vehicles in that market, up 11 per cent.

A 3.6 per cent decline in the U.S. dollar against the South Korean won also hurt Hyundai's earnings results in the quarter, the company said.

Exports accounted for almost 60 per cent of Hyundai's sales in 2006.

A stronger won makes the company's vehicles more expensive overseas and reduces the value of profits earned abroad when converted into the currency.

In a possible sign of better things to come in the second quarter, Hyundai said separately Wednesday that sales in April rose 10 per cent from the year before to 225,178 vehicles, driven by strong demand in South Korea.

Unit sales in the first four months of this year totaled 837,402 vehicles, up 1.5 per cent from the 825,015 recorded during the corresponding period last year, the automaker said.

Shares in Hyundai, which released earnings results during afternoon trading, rose 3.9 per cent to close at 61,600 won ($66) after rising as mush as 4.5 per cent before the results came out.

and this :

Riot police were deployed at Hyundai Motor Co.'s headquarters in Seoul on Wednesday as around 1,000 workers held a largely peaceful protest amid a dispute with management over bonuses. The head of the company's labour union also threatened future strikes as protesters chanted and carried banners with slogans including ``Drop the lawsuit'' and ``Down with Chung Mong-gu,'' referring to Hyundai's chairman.

The protesters from Hyundai and its affiliate Kia Motors Corp. were outnumbered by beefed up security at the site, which included around 2,000 riot police and about 200 of Hyundai's own security personnel.

The company boarded up its first-floor windows in anticipation of the demonstration and riot police used shipping containers and reinforced buses to keep protesters at bay.

Hyundai's strike-prone union has refused to work overtime since late last month after workers received a bonus equal to one month's salary, which they say is less than agreed.

Hyundai on Monday launched legal action against the union, seeking one billion won (US$1.06 million) from the organization and 27 of its leaders for refusing to work overtime.

The company says the negotiated bonus total was based on an incentive to reach the company's 2006 production target and since that was not achieved because of strikes the payment was reduced.

``We asked the labour union to stop the unjustified demand on the year-end bonuses and immediately return to the production line'' for overtime work, Hyundai Motor said in a statement.

The company called for ``a new beginning of labour-management relations in which rules and regulations are duly observed.''

However, Hyundai Motor Worker's Union president Park Yoo-ki said the union was planning ``partial strikes during regular working hours if the management does not listen to our requests.

``Full-fledged strikes at seven local plants are also being considered.''

Labour troubles are a near-constant headache for Hyundai, which in tandem with Kia has ambitions to become the world's fifth-largest automaker by 2010.

Through 2006, the company union has gone on strike every year but one since it was established in 1987. A lengthy walkout last summer was the company's second costliest ever.

Tensions over the latest dispute boiled over last week when workers scuffled with company officials at an annual New Year's ceremony at its main factory in Ulsan, 415 kilometres southeast of Seoul.

Hyundai president Youn Yeo-chul, who is also the top official at the factory, suffered minor cuts and bruises and had his glasses broken.

This is why the prices are what they are and how they manage to unprice the market? And how can you expect consistant qualty from a car company with *BLEEP*ed off employees every year? I don't know, I don't think I want my car being assembled by a bunch of guys that are grumbling about pay, work condidtions and weather or not they ware going on strike again in the afternoon.

And I thought the Hyundai Genesis sedan was primarily targeted againt the Nissan Teana? It's not here in the US, but a nice car!

nissan_teana2.jpg

nissan_teana.jpg

Doesn't this car look really familiar?

Nissan Teana....

never even heard of one...

but WOW.... now that is an AWESOME car. I'm a sucker for a nice big sedan... not to mention HUGE headlights!!

Looks like an Altima on roids to me!