Power Window Switches

Dennis Mills

I left my windows down on my 1992 LS 400 Lexus and the rain got into my window switches. The drives side switch works fine but the two back window switches and the passenger side window switch will not work. I have also tried the drivers side switches for the three windows and they will not raise or lower the windows. What do I need to do to fix the problem?

Sounds like the problem is in the child lockout switch. If the little lockout switch is open, you will have the same result you are seeing.

I would work that little switch over and over and maybe use a hair dryer to dry it out good before digging into the cluster.

Good Luck!

Sounds like the problem is in the child lockout switch. If the little lockout switch is open, you will have the same result you are seeing.

I would work that little switch over and over and maybe use a hair dryer to dry it out good before digging into the cluster.

Good Luck!

I'd suggest popping the plastic covers off the switches-it's quite easy, and then using the dryer like Billy says. There's a lot of info on this forum re the window controls. All you need is a screwdriver.

I don't want to break the covers so how do I pop them off? A friend told me to put some WD-40 into the switch and then blow air into the switch. Do these switches rust very easly? I have had several people say that they should dry out eventually then they will work OK again.

I'd suggest popping the plastic covers off the switches-it's quite easy, and then using the dryer like Billy says. There's a lot of info on this forum re the window controls. All you need is a screwdriver.

I don't want to break the covers so how do I pop them off? A friend told me to put some WD-40 into the switch and then blow air into the switch. Do these switches rust very easly? I have had several people say that they should dry out eventually then they will work OK again.

Just use a flat blade screwdriver... Insert it under the black plastic, and pry it off... don't pry on that wood insert piece. The entire piece should come out easily. I had mine out a few months ago to clean the contacts on the passenger side.