Es300 In The Super Bowl '09 Audi Commercial

jle4044

Did anyone notice the white/gray ES300 in the Audi commercial "The Chase"? I did a double-take when I saw it, especially because it's the same paint scheme as mine! A bit disappointed that the plot has Jason Statham shrugging it off, would have prefered the ES got its moment to shine.

Okay, love my ES as much as I do, I'd hawk it in a heartbeat for a black A6 if I could afford it!

(Here's the absolute best quality clip of the ad, from Audi's site. Enjoy!)

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2.html

EDIT: Believe that's either an A6 or S6 in the ad, not an R-8. Must have been daydreaming when I wrote the post heading.

Was not impressed with Jason Statham's reaction when he saw the ES though lol. :lol:

:cheers:

lol.. yeah.. he didn't even get in.. it was just a look of disgust.

The commercial was completely stupid: They compare a 2009 Audi to an 2001 ES300 and an eighties BMW 3 Series. How does that make any sense, or is that the closest to competition they could come up with?

The other commercial that killed me was the North American Car of the Year Award that went to a Hyundai and they showed the Lexus and Mercedes board members cussing. Neither auto maker has factories in North America, so another awesome non-comparison is made.

I saw it too and pointed it out and all my friends and they just rolled their eyes. :rolleyes:

I would take the Audi as a getaway or chase car but would still prefer my ES as a daily driver because that Audi will probably break down before my 12 year old ES does. I had a buddy with an early 2000's A4 turbo quattro and that thing was the most least reliable car ever!!!!

The commercial was completely stupid: They compare a 2009 Audi to an 2001 ES300 and an eighties BMW 3 Series. How does that make any sense, or is that the closest to competition they could come up with?

It doesn't make sense because the commercial doesn't compare the 2009 Supercharged Audi A6 to the 01 ES or to the 80's BMW. The theme/title/essence of the commercial was "Progress is Beautiful". The car driver evolves throughout the commercial as does his need for/taste for FAST get-away cars. (I would have passed on the ES as well because it ain't fast at all.)

I think some of us Lexus lovers took that commercial a little to close to the heart and missed the gist of their marketing ploy.

steviej