Vibrations At Low Rpm

I am experiencing vibrations at low rpm (between 20 - 38 mph). I don't notice it when I am accelerating but do when I am applying a small amount of pressure on the pedal. It is a 2008 IS 250 automatic with 6K. Any suggestions?

I am experiencing vibrations at low rpm (between 20 - 38 mph). I don't notice it when I am accelerating but do when I am applying a small amount of pressure on the pedal. It is a 2008 IS 250 automatic with 6K. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a out of balance wheel.

Looked around on google for you(well just the first result for now), and here is what I found. This is from Toyota Tundra forums.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/engi...peed-vibration/

I took my truck back to the dealer who was really motivated to find the problem - he found it. Turns out, Toyota knows about the problem and calls it a "working as designed" non-problem.

It is "rotational mass vibration of the front axle and transmission assembly being relayed through the hard mounted steel brake lines under the drivers side floor boards." It happens when the fluids are cool - when they warm up it happens less (in fact, it goes away fully in hot weather - I'm not quite clear on why fluid temp makes a difference.)

The dealer can't do anything more, but encouraged me to speak with Toyota directly and get others to do the same. The power of numbers will cause Toyota to come up with a "fix".

Not the answer I had hoped for, but at least the problem's been identified. It's a start...if you have the same problem, let Toyota know about it...

I prior posted about the bulge on the side of my tire causing vibration. After the tire was replaced the vibration went away completely. A few days ago while on the highway I started noticing vibration when I hit higher speeds, excess of 60km/hr. Checked all the tires myself, no bulges or obvious damage, not sure what it is this time. Hope I don't have a damaged rim? Maybe the mechanic at the dealership didn't properly balance the tire.... <_<

I prior posted about the bulge on the side of my tire causing vibration. After the tire was replaced the vibration went away completely. A few days ago while on the highway I started noticing vibration when I hit higher speeds, excess of 60km/hr. Checked all the tires myself, no bulges or obvious damage, not sure what it is this time. Hope I don't have a damaged rim? Maybe the mechanic at the dealership didn't properly balance the tire.... <_<

That sounds likely.

I agree...good cleaning does wonders.

My Rubicon gets mud all over the backsides of the rims and the trip home is often a nightmare of shimmying and bouncing until I can get it cleaned up. I also regularly tear off wheel weights too, but my application is a little different from yours I think ;)

Just heard from the dealer. Transmission fluid is slightly "contaminated". The plan is to power flush and replace. I will upadte when it is completed. The news is not very encouraging.

From what I've read, this transmission does not have a drain plug or a fill tube and the fluid was not meant to be changed. If you truly do have "contaminated" fluid and the vehicle is still under warranty, this dealer should perform this service free of charge.

if you could tell me if the dealer fix this problem because i have 2006 is250 rwd and it does the same thing and i check every single thing and nothing,the only thing left i was told to do is to reprogram the ecu to transmission or transmission module to ecu?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...