Mpg Decrease After 5000 Mile Service

waymay1305

I have a 08 ES 350 with 4900 miles on it. I recently took it to the dealership for its 5000 service. Prior to this I was averaging 24 mpg in the city. After the service I'm only getting 22 mpg. Should this happening? What can I do to increase this? Thanks.

P.S. I did change to synthetic oil.

I have a 08 ES 350 with 4900 miles on it. I recently took it to the dealership for its 5000 service. Prior to this I was averaging 24 mpg in the city. After the service I'm only getting 22 mpg. Should this happening? What can I do to increase this? Thanks.

P.S. I did change to synthetic oil.

I get 24.4 mpg COMBINED (highway & city), according to the trip computer and I have a heavy foot. I've reset it on a 40 mile freeway trip and got 30 mpg.

E10 gas will kill milleage.

Gallon for gallon, pure ethanol contains one-third less energy than gasoline, and the ethanol industry acknowledges that E10 reduces mileage by about 2 percent.

Some drivers think the change is notably greater. Chuck Mai, a vice president of AAA Oklahoma, reported that his organization has been getting calls from members blaming E10 for mileage drops of 8 to 20 percent.

In chat rooms at Edmunds.com and elsewhere, plenty of people are blaming ethanol for substantial mileage drops.