2003 Replacement Headrest

aberger

I need to replace the front seat passenger headrest on my 2003 GX 470. I believe the color is Tan. Does anyone know if the 2006 model is the same as the 2003? Did Lexus change the color or specs in the various years for the headrests? Does anyone know the OEM number or a good source, other then a dealer, to buy the headrest?

The colors available for the 2003 GX interior were "Ivory" and "Medium Gray". It sounds like you have the Ivory interior.

The part number for the Ivory headrest is 71910-60660-A0. I don't see any reason why one from another year GX would not also fit.

If you don't want to purchase a new one, I suggest you try a place like Graham's Toyota Parts. But I doubt many salvage yards will want to seperate a headrest from the seat it is currently attached to.

You would probably have to purchase the whole seat, meaning that in this case it would probably be cheaper just to purchase a new OEM part from a Lexus dealership. Sewell Lexus' online parts store may be cheaper than your local dealership.

The colors available for the 2003 GX interior were "Ivory" and "Medium Gray". It sounds like you have the Ivory interior.

The part number for the Ivory headrest is 71910-60660-A0. I don't see any reason why one from another year GX would not also fit.

If you don't want to purchase a new one, I suggest you try a place like Graham's Toyota Parts. But I doubt many salvage yards will want to seperate a headrest from the seat it is currently attached to.

You would probably have to purchase the whole seat, meaning that in this case it would probably be cheaper just to purchase a new OEM part from a Lexus dealership. Sewell Lexus' online parts store may be cheaper than your local dealership.

Thanks for the reply. I actually called Lexus and they told me a subsequent year would not fit as the part had changed. When I called a Lexus dealer for the cost of the replacement headrest is was over $600! I know its a Lexus, but its a lousy headrest.

There are a number of online sellers of discount Lexus parts. I've gotten some great discounts at Sewell Lexus without supplying one of their bogus discount codes: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/ There are other sellers that might give a better discount.

What's the problem with your headrest? If the leather is torn, perhaps it could be recovered by an upholstery shop. "Ivory" leather may vary a little but I'd bet you can find some that matches almost perfectly in color and texture.

• 1 month later...
The headrest is DIFFERENT starting 06. You need to order a headrest from an 03-05. Lexus enlarged the 06 and newer headrests for some reason

Do you know if other Lexus or Toyota models in the 2003 to 2005 years will fit the GX 470 headrests?