I Am Sick Of My Is"250"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why my other post got locked...I'm doing 7.1 and they said 7.9

Why would they do that??

Just to answer the question, many if not all manufacturers underrate their vehicles in published performance stats.

This makes sense from a legal stand-point. If a manufacturer said you could do 0-60 in 7.1 seconds (at the track, with a professional driver) and you could only do 7.9, people would sue them for overrating performance.

No one in their right mind finds themselves insulted that their vehicle performs better than published stats.

Even Corvette in the 60's was underrated in published horsepower. I believe the 427ci motor was rated at 450HP, but they would dyno straight off the dealer showroom at over 500HP without being specially tuned or anything.

Mazda bought back RX8's because overstated HP numbers.

Banned.

If you think it will be any different at CL you're mistaken, we're a lot more permissive than they are.

We also talk with each other...I'm sending Dave (CL's administrator) your IP address and name now and letting him know what caused us to ban you here. So...you might not have a whole lot of luck there either.

Beat me to the punch. I was just reaching for the ban hammer.