Best New Tires

peteanello

I love this web site. Our '04 RX 330, now at 80k miles, is ready for its second set of tires. At 40k I stayed with the original Michelin tires. I've seen some good reviews of the Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor tires.

Anyone have any experience with them? Or do you have any experience with any other tires that provide a "QUIET" ride.

I'm looking for silence, not roadability.

Thanks

I love this web site. Our '04 RX 330, now at 80k miles, is ready for its second set of tires. At 40k I stayed with the original Michelin tires. I've seen some good reviews of the Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor tires.

Anyone have any experience with them? Or do you have any experience with any other tires that provide a "QUIET" ride.

I'm looking for silence, not roadability.

Thanks

I love my Yokohoma Geolanders H/T-S G051's. However, I may opt for the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred. I've seen someone else on another board that likes them plus the reviews on various tire websites is great. Looks like a great tire!

I always hate posting this because it seems so basic, please excuse if you already know this...

Tirerack.com has a great database of tires and thousands of reviews covering millions of miles that you can search based on any number of requirements. I always start my tire research there. The reviews themselves usually weigh in on subjective stuff like quietness and ride, and you can even search reviews on the type of car they were on. Great info.