Just Bought A 2009 Lexus Es350

RickES

I just bought a 2009 ES350, can anybody tell me things I should watch for, what problems I might have in the first few months.

Also can I reprogram using a CAN to unlock all the doors with a single push. I did that on my Audi.

Hey Rick! What do you think of your ES vs your A6? The A6 is a nice car.

Issues to look for? None. Thats one of the differences between a Lexus and an Audi ;)

Mine has 125,000 miles and I'm still waiting for issues.

As for the key, you can set it so when you touch the door handle it will open all the doors or when you push unlock once it will open all the cars. Its a setting the dealer can activate. Ask them for a LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) catalog and select any changes you want to make, dealers will do the first round free.

Hey Rick,

Welcome to the LOC!

One thing you probably want to do as a new Lexus owner is to logon to Lexus.com and create an owner account. When you add your VIN# you will be able to do all kinds of things like download the LPS settings sheet, look at your owner's manual online, and even see the service history. Good stuff.

Congrats!

I just bought a 2009 ES350, can anybody tell me things I should watch for, what problems I might have in the first few months.

Also can I reprogram using a CAN to unlock all the doors with a single push. I did that on my Audi.

Hi Rick,

I have a 2009 ES350 I love it ,my second Lexus, I have no problems with mine. I am going to bring it in for the 1000 mile service this week, and have them look at the speedometer and odmeter when i am on the highway and going 5-10 miles over the posted speed everybody is still passing me. It seems like I am losing 1/10 of a mile every mile to mile and a half when I compare it to the milegae markers on the road. Anybody else have this problem. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW ES.

Welcome to the group.

I bought a 2008 ES350 last November. So far, everything has been fine. I love how smooth and quiet the ride is.

I previously drove an Audi A4 which I enjoyed. Although I liked the new A4, I also worried about what would go wrong on the new model. I had enough problems with mine. Almost all were covered very nicely by Audi except for the big problem with computer controlling the transmission. I did not want another car where I would be waiting for things to happen. I am keeping the A4 for my daughter to drive. And yes, the Audi, even the A4, has a few toys I wish the ES350 came with.

From what I've read, the only item that seems to be a recurrent theme is the transmission surges. I've never experienced it and Lexus seems to have improved the problem over time.

Thanks everyone, good advice on the Lexus Personal Settings. I actually don't ge the car for a week as the dealership did not have a white premium etc..

I had tried the Infiniti G37X and Acura TL SH-AWD but they were high on the performance and lower on the quiet ride I wanted.

Hey Rick--congrats and enjoy----

I have the 2008 es350 (loaded ultraLux-ML- stereo-navi etc) and 8650 miles no issues and love driving it.... very comfortable ride.

One thing that might be different is that the ES is silent, like extra cushion shoes and comfortable--quick going straight but will not ride like sports cars (infiniti,audi bmw, Mercedes, lexus GS or IS etc)

I had a MAxima SE that could take turns fast --when i tried with the ES i found out it will automatically brake!

So enjoy the comfortable...but remember it will not handle as well as sport-cars...

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Rick! I, like rtj, have an 08 ES350 purchased Dec 07. I have about 10,500 miles on it and I love it!!! As rtj says, it is not a German driving machine (cornering, etc), but the ride and comfort and quietness is the best. I drove the BMWs 3/5, Mercedes C, Infiniti G/M, Cadillac CTS/STS, and I love the ES. But I valued comfort/quietness over cornering at 85 mph! Again, welcome!