Outside Heated Mirrors

This time of year in this location (south Florida), the temp drops sufficiently low on many nights to cause a lot of condensation on all exterior surfaces. We still have our old RX300 and it sits in the driveway because we only have a two car garage. I can tell you that both outside mirror heaters work great and very quickly clear the mirrors.

When we bought our first Lexus I was not aware the mirror heaters had to be manually turned on by pushing the rear defogger button because the heaters were on continuously in the BMW we had at that time (probably because there is no rear defogger due to the convertible top). I like the Lexus system better as it just seems wasteful to leave them on anytime the ignition is on.

This time of year in this location (south Florida), the temp drops sufficiently low on many nights to cause a lot of condensation on all exterior surfaces. We still have our old RX300 and it sits in the driveway because we only have a two car garage. I can tell you that both outside mirror heaters work great and very quickly clear the mirrors.

When we bought our first Lexus I was not aware the mirror heaters had to be manually turned on by pushing the rear defogger button because the heaters were on continuously in the BMW we had at that time (probably because there is no rear defogger due to the convertible top). I like the Lexus system better as it just seems wasteful to leave them on anytime the ignition is on.

Found the heated mirror was not working......dealer found a wire connection broken......thanks for the info all