What Is Going On(caliper Upgrade)

blacklexus90

:( Hello to every 1,I am upgrading my single piston front calipers with the dual piston caliper from the 1992 to the 1997 lexus ls 400,well this is the problem I purchased 2 different caliper from 2 different year lexus car.1 from a 1993 dual piston and 1 from a 1992 dual piston,but they r a little different.the 1 from the 1992 is a little bigger.can some 1 give me some insight on what is going on?R there 2 different size or style for these cars??Now they both fit in the bracket for the brake but the 1 is a little longer from front to back. :rolleyes:

:( Hello to every 1,I am upgrading my single piston front calipers with the dual piston caliper from the 1992 to the 1997 lexus ls 400,well this is the problem I purchased 2 different caliper from 2 different year lexus car.1 from a 1993 dual piston and 1 from a 1992 dual piston,but they r a little different.the 1 from the 1992 is a little bigger.can some 1 give me some insight on what is going on?R there 2 different size or style for these cars??Now they both fit in the bracket for the brake but the 1 is a little longer from front to back. :rolleyes:

Why make life difficult? Do it right, get matching calipers and get it done!

Lexus did some minor upgrades for the 1993 model year which included larger brake rotors, and, I presume, different brake calipers. I don't think you will be able to use these two calipers.

you can upgrade up to 2000 ls 400

I was not aware that you could upgrade the calipers without upgrading the rotors and caliper mounting brackets. I'm probably wrong, as I'm new to Lexus, though.

Well, what did you find out? :)

(My biggest pet peeve on car forums is people who post threads, get lots of suggestions, and then don't post the outcome. If you don't post an outcome, you're not really contributing anything to the knowledge base!)

(My biggest pet peeve on car forums is people who post threads, get lots of suggestions, and then don't post the outcome. If you don't post an outcome, you're not really contributing anything to the knowledge base!)

they work perfect, I also painted them red before I put them on.I would love to post pics but I dont no how.the upgrade was perfect.Thanks to all

they work perfect, I also painted them red before I put them on.I would love to post pics but I dont no how.the upgrade was perfect.Thanks to all

Feel a hella better than the singles don't they? :cheers: Like getting a new car! Read up on posting pics. There's a thread in the General section, one of mine actually when I couldn't get them on myself. Basically just copy the link from wherever you store them online and paste them into your post.