Unlock My 1993 Es300 Radio

bjayhova

The code is user definable, meaning whatever 3 digits the original owner selected are the only digits that will work to unlock the radio. I don't know what the default code is as set by the factory, but if you use up all of your 10 tries, then you'll have to take your car to a Lexus dealership where they will reset the code so that you can use your radio again. I'm not sure how much that costs, but you can probably be sure it's not cheap. :(

Good luck.

I don't know what the default code is as set by the factory

A default security code was not set at the factory for the LS400 I bought new in 1990 so I doubt if it was for your ES. I think I remember people on Lexus forums saying that dealers charged them $50 to $100 to unlock the radio.

I believe I read somewhere that the dealer has to pull the radio from the dash to see the label on the radio's rear panel. It lists the radio's serial number, etc., which allows them to search the radio manufacturer's lists for the default codes to unlock the radio. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.