2000 Rx300 Tint?

vinnycuz

I have a RX300 and the 7 rear windows have the stock factory chrome greenish tint on them. I want to be able to black out my windows but a few people told me that the only way to do it is to replace all the windows with clear then tint over it. Someone on here had to tint their rx300 please any adivce?

Welcome to the LOC!

Unfortunately your friends are right, the factory tint on the RX (and all Lexus) is inside the window, meaning its not a film. If you apply tint to these windows its simply going to make them MORE mirrored. Replacing all the glass with clear is going to be a costly proposition too...

Inside the glass???

Mine looks like it has a few deep scratches on the back passenger windows. I assumed it was scratches in the tint, but I guess if the tint is inside the glass then its impossible. Any ideas? Could the glass itself be scratched? Are you sure it is inside the glass?

Sure, the glass could be scratched. I'm 99% sure the tint is in the glass, very few to no auto manufacturers use film to factory tint windows for the one reason its illegal in a lot of municipalities (any film on the windows) and it doesn't last very long.