Ls430 Mirror Turns In By Itself

restor

Hi. The dealer tells me that if I turn on my 2005 LS430, push my seat setting (say #1), move the driver's mirror outward using the control to the left of the steering wheel, turn the car off, exit the car, lock the car and then unlock the car and open the driver's door that the driver's side mirror (glass) IS SUPPOSED to return to the position in as set in setting #1 when the door is opened.

So in other words, if my wife gets into the car and changes the mirror setting and then goes to the mall, when she opens the door after finished shopping that the mirror will move on its own back to whatever position was in the setting was last pushed (setting #1, #2 or #3).

Is this correct? Is this really how this car operates by design? My LS400 didn't do this and I don't think that my RX350 does it.

Thanks in advance - any help or input is appreciated.

Yes...you can adjust your seat settings(except lumbar), mirrors and I even think the radio settings and then set your memory. When you come back after someone has jacked all your settings, just hit your memory button and all your junk will go back to normal. All you have to reset is the rearview mirror on the windshield.

Hope that helps

edit: oops, I misread a tad. The positions should not return to normal without you pushing the memory button to cause it to change.

You can configure the memory buttons to react to the keys - no need to actually hit the buttons. Have your set of keys set to memory 1 and her set to memory 2 and the car should adjust the seats to however you like. At least, I think that's how it works - I'm the only driver in mine so I don't think I've actually tested it.

Hi. The dealer tells me that if I turn on my 2005 LS430, push my seat setting (say #1), move the driver's mirror outward using the control to the left of the steering wheel, turn the car off, exit the car, lock the car and then unlock the car and open the driver's door that the driver's side mirror (glass) IS SUPPOSED to return to the position in as set in setting #1 when the door is opened.

So in other words, if my wife gets into the car and changes the mirror setting and then goes to the mall, when she opens the door after finished shopping that the mirror will move on its own back to whatever position was in the setting was last pushed (setting #1, #2 or #3).

Is this correct? Is this really how this car operates by design? My LS400 didn't do this and I don't think that my RX350 does it.

Thanks in advance - any help or input is appreciated.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. Can someone get into their LS430, push their memory setting, turn the mirror all the way out (glass), turn off the car, get out, lock it, unlock it, and open the door. When the door opens, does the mirror return to its memory setting or does it stay where you left it? The dealer claims it should move without pushing the memory button but I can't see how this could be correct.

My car's mirror returns to the memory position without my pushing the button. I don't think it's supposed to do this.

Thanks in advance.

I think he's talking about using memory to set the mirror position, and then changing the mirror position. If you have your keys set up to the memory settings, the next time you use your keys the memory settings will take effect again.

I think he's talking about using memory to set the mirror position, and then changing the mirror position. If you have your keys set up to the memory settings, the next time you use your keys the memory settings will take effect again.

Yeah, so there's no way to turn this off?

How do you set the keys to use the memory settings? Is there a way to turn off the key using the memory settings?

Thanks.

Restor, check page 222 - 224 of your manual - it details how to register and erase the key memory.

OK will do, it's not a smart key, will check it out. Appreciate the help.

I'll apologize in advance for hijacking this thread slightly.........

I've always made it a habit of pressing my memory button (# 1) to restore all my settings while standing outside the car & not getting in until everything is done moving. The wife jumps right in & then presses her memory button (# 2).......just makes me crazy. I strongly believe that stripped actuators, burned out motors and stripped steering column gears are a result of drivers placing way too much stress on the mechanism while they are adjusting/moving. Just my two cents worth.