Tranny Oil Leak

Noticed a pink fluid under the drivers side front wheel this afternoon and could tell it was transmission oil. Checked the fluid level and it was fine. I would say approximately 1/8 of a quart on the garage floor. There was also a nice coating in the wheel well.

I'm about 40 miles from the nearest dealership, so I called to see if they wanted to flatbed it. They advised as long as the fluid was still almost full that it should be OK to drive. The tranny didn't slip until I pulled into the dealership.

We have a 2008 RX350 with only 13K miles. They didn't get a chance to look at it today, so I guess I'll get the bad news tomorrow. I hoping that it is something as simple as a loose clamp on a return line, but I'm wondering if the torque converter or whole tranny unit is shot.

The pursuit of perfection is not doing to good today with this machine.

Just wondered if anybody has had any experience like this, and I guess I'm also looking for advice contingent on the final diagnosis.

So you lost a 1/8 qt and they said to drive it. what a bunch of knuckledheads. Could have been the halfshaft pulled out of the tranny and slinging oil...........Hope you didnt toast the transmission.....