Dvd Navigation System

Sportsdad

Welcome to the LOC, SD!

The 2003 GX470 is a Gen 2/3 system. Excuse my rustiness here, it has been a while since I had my Gen 3 to look at: I believe you check your disc version by going Menu --> System options --> disc version?

If you have not updated before, it is probably a 3.1 or thereabouts.

The 8.1 update was released last Nov/Dec and is available from online discount Lexus dealers like Sewell.

Check the links there on how to change the disc yourself to save you some money.

As a bonus, I believe that you maintain your ability to override your Nav lockout even under the latest update!

Hope that helps!

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone, need some help with my nav map and arrow please. the map displaying is either upside down or backwawk, sidewawk and then the arrow showing backwawk too like the car moving backwawk if you know what i mean , anyone encounter this problem b4, thanks for your input. verson 3.2 or 3.1 it is 04 model though

• 5 months later...
Step Hen, can you help me out? 2004 GX470. Thanks so much! Address is arsmtts@yahoo.com

Greetings from north Indianapolis - new member.

I have enjoyed reading through your forum, I've already found information on how to change the rear wiper and I getting quite the education on replacing the DVD.

Reference the DVD - it appears the best place to purchase a new one is Sewell Lexus. Before ordering i have a question - we have GX470 - 2003 with the original DVD (2.1) can I just jump to newest version. I read in one of the threads that by going to the newer version you may lose the "override function" (not really sure what that means).

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Mike

Reference the DVD - it appears the best place to purchase a new one is Sewell Lexus. Before ordering i have a question - we have GX470 - 2003 with the original DVD (2.1) can I just jump to newest version. I read in one of the threads that by going to the newer version you may lose the "override function" (not really sure what that means).

The override function allows the front passenger to enter the destination while the GX is in motion.

If you do not currently have or need the override, you should be able to install the latest NAV update with no problems.

• 3 months later...