Stereo Volume Knob Stuck In, Warranty

So a week after I bought my Lex, while coming into the car my knee accidentally hit the volume knob pretty hard. (I'm 6'3" tall). It got pushed in about a half inch & wouldn't come back out to its normal position. Oddly enough the power & volume functions were still working. It was just annoying because I couldn't get a good grip on the knob when adjusting the volume. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the stereo free of charge since I was still under the bumper to bumper warranty.

What happened this morning? The same thing! :chairshot: Ughhh, my long legs. Now i'm wondering if I should get the stereo replaced again because i'm sure this is forever going to be a problem issue with me & this car. Thank God i've got warranty until this Nov.9 2009

Amer, I am having the worst time trying to figure out how you managed to do that.

Does the IS have the stereo on the left of the steering wheel? Do you get in from the passenger side and climb over the console? Do you have multi-articulated spider legs? :D

Don't make me take video on how I step into my car, lol. It's not like my knee hits the volume knob every time I get in. For example this morning after I opened the door I had to hop over some snow & get in the car, that's when my knee jabbed the knob in. If only the stereo was above the temperature control i'd never hit that knob

I'm with BillyShaft on this. How in the heck are you climbing in the car? Ok, try this, when you start to get in, put your right foot between the gas pedal and the brake pedal and just allow the rest of you to follow. It sounds like your climbing in head first! LOL!!

I'm thinking through the sunroof? I ALWAYS hit the knob when I climb in that way. Very poor design.

And sometimes, when I'm running to get in the car, although this requires the door to be open first. If you have just a tad too much speed, the knob acts as a stop so you don't slide across the dash. It should be bigger and more solid though. Knee pads help using this approach.

In reality, I have tried and tried, and still can't visualize this, so we need the four or five pics, or a youtube link ;)

I'm thinking through the sunroof? I ALWAYS hit the knob when I climb in that way. Very poor design.

And sometimes, when I'm running to get in the car, although this requires the door to be open first. If you have just a tad too much speed, the knob acts as a stop so you don't slide across the dash. It should be bigger and more solid though. Knee pads help using this approach.

In reality, I have tried and tried, and still can't visualize this, so we need the four or five pics, or a youtube link ;)

Awesome. :lol:

biglol.gif

Ok, I have managed to find video of Amer mounting his ride...

Only costs $900/entry in misc knobs and switches.

• 1 year later...

The exact same thing happened to me with my IS! I'm 6'6" and some times those knees just get in the way. I haven't brought mine in yet, but would like it to be fixed. It really is annoying to try and grab, but at least it works.

• 12 years later...

I own an ES 2009 and I have had this same issue twice, tried talking to other ES users but none seem to have had this issue so far, the knob is now so tiny and you really have to press it hard to switch on the radio but it still works.