Help Me Choose A Color For My New 2009 Rx350

Newbie here. This is going to be my first ever Lexus, having owned Honda and Toyota before. I am close to purchasing a new 2009 RX350 and need your opinion in choosing a color (for demographic I am 40ish male.) The following choices are available:

1. Smoky Granite Mica with gray interior and walnut wood

2. Classic Silver Metallic with gray interior and walnut wood

3. Obsidian Black with ivory interior and maple wood

4. Breakwater Blue Metallic with ivory interior and maple wood

5. Golden Almond Metallic with ivory interior and maple wood

I am trying to decide between the Mica and Silver. I like the Mica but I am worried about having to wash it frequently to look clean (I am not good at washing it regularly). Any thoughts on this?

So I was leaning towards the Silver. But the problem is our other car is a Honda Silver Odyssey. Would it be funny to have two cars of the same color in a family?

Hey! Welcome to the LOC and congrats on your first Lexus! Have you seen the thread on some of the deals people have been wrangling? Great time to buy!

Color choices:

With the RX being the wifes' daily driver, my opinion was only a suggestion. Her car, her choice (except I drew the line on black because it would require my effort to keep it clean)

1. Smoky Granite Mica with gray interior and walnut wood - this was my #1 choice as a 40ish male(see #2 below)

2. Classic Silver Metallic with gray interior and walnut wood - this was wife's choice (overrides my choice above)

3. Obsidian Black with ivory interior and maple wood - Beautiful when clean, but impossible to keep that way

4. Breakwater Blue Metallic with ivory interior and maple wood - Wasn't available for our model year. Would have been a contender if it were.

5. Golden Almond Metallic with ivory interior and maple wood - Too common in my opinion

6. Brandywine or Matador - I thought these were sexy colors. Very rich. If available my year, I would have considered as my input.

We also preferred the light grey interior to the ivory or black. Our previous 2 RX300s were white/ivory.

So...Silver on light grey it was.

Our silver isnt so much of a shiny silver as a darker platinum silver. I like the color and it stays pretty clean relatively speaking.

Let us know what you decide on and what kind of deal you work out!

I'm a 43 year old male and just got a 2009 RX350 in your choice #4 - Breakwater Blue with Ivory/Maple. I couldn't be happier. It's a wonderful color blue and hides dirt exceptionally well. I was considering silver as well but the blue adds a nice dash of color with the same "dirt hiding" properties as sliver. Good luck. It's a great vehicle.

G.

OP here. Yes it is a great time to buy. Almost $10K off the MSRP.

Just found out they have another color available:

White with ivory interior and maple wood.

Between the exterior colors, Smoky Granite Mica and White, which is easy to maintain?

Thanks!!

White was really good for us from a low-maintenance perspective.

While it didn't look filthy, it did lose some of the pearlescence when it was dirty and it really looked good when clean.

Random info:

I used to catch some heat for driving a "girly car" from my buds. But those ingrates always wanted to take my car when we went to lunch. Go figure. :D

I think the Smoky Granite is more "manly" than White if that makes sense.

Don't you have a wife to tell you what to think like I do? :lol:

I have decided to go with Smoky Granite Mica.

...it was the "girly car" line wasn't it? :lol:

Seriously tho, congrats! Did you get it yet? Which options did you end up getting?

Where are the PICS?

:cheers:

No it was the not girly comment. I just went with your earlier advice and my wife picked the Mica color.

I don't have the car yet. Check my other thread on my new issue?

hahaha. I agree with her. That is a good looking combo on that car. The mica finishes in Lexus vehicles look fantastic in the sunlight.

On the other thread: yes, saw it and agree. It probably doesn't matter about the oil, but I am with you and would ask them to change it just to be certain. Very cheap insurance.

Is this going to be your daily driver or your wife's?