Heated Windshield Wiper

Thanks for the directions on what to look for. I rolled the car out of the garage and turned on the defoggers. The mirrors got warm, but the front just stayed cold and clammy. Used a flashlight but could not see what you were describing.

I am willing to bet that the connector is there to connect it up (probably behind the dash somewhere) but they just didnt install the optional heated windshield.

I bet if you use a combo of scraping, heating and those winter blades we were talking about, you will be good to go in the next blizzard.

I went and look again. The heating element is in fact all along under the black stripe. The part that I thought it is a few inches apart is the connector of some sort and the Vehicle VIN number is around it, so I thought they are apart. I actually count it this time, it has 12 wires running along the width of the windshield. Where the position you can see the VIN plate is, there is only have 2 wires at the top and at the bottom of the plate window. The wire is in brown color.

I am surprised the U.S. Vehicle don't have it with the heat mirror feature. It is like what I complaint about it in the first place, as some areas in U.S. the weather is as bad as in Canada. Now, I have more reasons to keep my RX400. Are you guys just trying to make me happy by saying I have the heating element and you don't?

Regards,

Well, my manual is pretty specific that only the Canada market gets this...

I get lots of snow here: right now there is a 7 foot drift over the back fence and last night I had to blow 11 inches of new snow off the driveway. :(

I am pretty darned angry about this lack of windshield heater and I am about to return my RX400h for a refund, dangit!! :lol:

Honestly tho, here in Utah while we get lots of snow, it is pretty dry and fluffy and our temperatures where I live rarely get below 20 F. We are probably not far enough north to get serious (-20 or -30F) cold here.

I am pretty darned angry about this lack of windshield heater and I am about to return my RX400h for a refund, dangit!! :lol:

Ok, since I am the one who caused all your anger. I will support you. Let's all demand a full refund together ! :angry:

Demanding a full refund and am not going to wait for the next big snow storm challenge regards,

<_<

I think that basically mirrors what your dealer was saying...need to scrape first.

You Canadians are lucky...heated windshields for your wipers and stuff. I guess you can keep your RX400 LilSand. Congrats!

Yes, I guess it is. A dumb user problem, isn't it?

As for the heated windshield, did you try and see where the wiper sit at? Try with a flash light and look at a 45 degree angle, you will see if you have it that is. Yes, I guess I am happily keeping the RX400 :)

To answer Gryplon comment. the heated wiper/windshield works really well. I say at least on my old Highlander for now. When it is parked outside and if the blade got ice on, after I turn it on, the ice just goes away. Yes, you still need the front defoger blower on to clear the moist/ice inside. But the key is this, the heated blade/windshield melt the ice off the blade, so that the blade/rubber can clear the snow with proper fit. Otherwise, the rubber can't touch the windshield because the ice deform the shape of the blade.

Regards,

Thanks, LittleSand. I was thinking that the intent was to thaw the glass, not the blade. My bad.

Tom