Rx330 Headlight Removal

malice9999

I'm going to be taking my RX330 headlights out this weekend to see if I can dry them out and re-seal them. Does anyone know how to take them out? I've searched and couldn't find a definitive write-up... some say removing the bumper is required, some say just to pull back the wheelwell liner.

Thanks,

Phong

Dunno man...never pulled mine out. I suppose I would break out my billy-homeowner wrench set and take a look if it were me.

Check out this diagram...looks like 3 bolts

If that doesn't work I would:

- Get all angry-like and shame people into weighing in on my issue

or

- Take it to the dealer

Sorry if I come across mean-spirited...there are many ways to ask for help and some of them push my buttons.

Hope you find the answers you seek.

I took my headlights out this weekend and figured I'd post the information here so someone else can use it.

There are three bolts that hold the headlights in (4 if you have HIDs), however to get the lamp out, you will need to remove the front bumper cover. Reason being the bumper cover slips into a clip underneath each headlight. You don't have to remove the bumper cover completely, which is good news because you'd have to disconnect the fog lights and headlight spray washers if you did.... Just loosen it and slide it down far enough to get the lights out.

To take the bumper cover off, there are the 3 obvious plastic clips on top (pry these off with a flat screwdriver), two hex screws on each side where the wheel wells are, two screws hidden behind each wheel well liner (peel these back, it helps to turn the wheels to either side), two bolts and six screws underneath. To avoid scratching the bumper, I would lay some masking tape down where the headlights are because it take some wriggling to get the lights out. In all, it should be a half hour to 45-minute job to get both lights out. There are seven plugs on each headlight (if you have HID/AFS). The hidden screw holding each headlight in can be accessed once you peel back the wheelwell liner.

Malice9999 thanks for the great post on headlight removal. I too am experiencing dampness in my headlights. Can you tell me what you have done to dry and re-seal them. When it stops snowing here!!!! in Hockley Valley I will be doing the same as you did. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I took my headlights out this weekend and figured I'd post the information here so someone else can use it.

There are three bolts that hold the headlights in (4 if you have HIDs), however to get the lamp out, you will need to remove the front bumper cover. Reason being the bumper cover slips into a clip underneath each headlight. You don't have to remove the bumper cover completely, which is good news because you'd have to disconnect the fog lights and headlight spray washers if you did.... Just loosen it and slide it down far enough to get the lights out.

To take the bumper cover off, there are the 3 obvious plastic clips on top (pry these off with a flat screwdriver), two hex screws on each side where the wheel wells are, two screws hidden behind each wheel well liner (peel these back, it helps to turn the wheels to either side), two bolts and six screws underneath. To avoid scratching the bumper, I would lay some masking tape down where the headlights are because it take some wriggling to get the lights out. In all, it should be a half hour to 45-minute job to get both lights out. There are seven plugs on each headlight (if you have HID/AFS). The hidden screw holding each headlight in can be accessed once you peel back the wheelwell liner.

malice... great work thank you on the write up well done. it would have been nice if you had some pictures. but thanks I am planning on retrofiting my halogen headlight with the new hid that I just bought.