Mark Levinson Audio Avialable In S. California?

SDGuy

I'm considering an RX330 purchase and I've tried to "Build Your Own" on the US Lexus site. I am not offered the ML audio system. Does anyone know the reason? Is this option not available in certain regions? Thanks, SDGuy

I bought my RX330 from Bob Baker Lexus at the beginning of November, fully loaded- NAV/ML/RSES though its FWD. I was there in early December and I think they had two ML RX330's available.

There was an issue when I was purchasing that ML/RSES RX's were only coming from Japan and since Lexus was shifting production to Canada, there would be a drop in supply until the Canada plant was full up. Don't know if that is exactly true but you should be able to get ML in SOCAL/SD area.

Wasn't impressed with the ML audio until I adjusted some of the settings. Love it now!

coleRX,

Hey thanks. Didn't expect a reply from someone right here in San Diego. Glad you like the ML audio. I saw the car at the Autoshow and it reminds me of my current RAV4 - only every feature is so much more luxurious in the Lexus. I'm going to test drive later in the week - hope it has the same fun driving and cornering feel as the smaller RAV. I also like the GX470, but it seems like a lot of people report problems with the GX470 - and everyone seems to love the RX330. I'm looking for the same options as you but do want the AWD since we go to Big Bear a lot. I'd also prefer a Japanese build if that is still possible. Howard

Yeah I wouldnt buy a GX470 right now...

I love the RX and always request one when my car is in for service. It is remarkably small feeling and fun to drive. The suspension is tauter than that on my ES and the engine has a throatier sportier note. Its a real cool vehicle. My parents just got an Infinti FX35 that is really cool also, might want to check it out too.

I was just in NJ visiting some of my better half's family and I drove one of their new Rav 4s, the RX isn't quite as nimble as it is (its a good bit bigger) but I can see how its a "Bigger brother" in a way. I think you'll like it.

As for ML, if its not shown on the Lexus site then it may not be availiable. Talk to your dealer my bet is they'll find you one somewhere.

Concur with respect to the GX470, though the RX has also had its first year problems as you have probably read in this forum. My RX has the whining sound when decelerating but its very slight and I think I may have the "rear end clunk" but its more of a click then clunk. The RX is so quiet which may be a reason why you can here the "clunk". Haven't experienced the shifting problems or rattling noises others have had.

After two months, I'm very impressed. I like the sportier sounding engine which some people complain about. Its still very quiet and quality and luxury are apparent in every detail. You'll love the Mark Levinson system and the rear DVD system is also nice.

The RX330 may not be as nimble as the RAV4 but you'll definitely enjoy the ride!