Looking To Purchase A 04/05 Gs430 (advice)

Hello All,

Looking to purchase a 04/05 GS430.

Are there any differences between the two model years?

I am looking at one with navigation, does this require the $200 DVD to update very year ( I think it will be gen 3)

Anything I should look out for?

Thanks for your help ahead of time..

-Jake

Nav info:

2001-2005 GS430s are all Gen 2/3 Navigation. The 2006 is Gen 4, and 2007-up are Gen 5.

You really don't need to update every year. Depending on where you live and how new the area is, you may want to update every 3 or 4 years. If you buy the latest and greatest updates, they generally cost about $250 on discount. If you buy an older version from someone else who updated on craigslist or ebay, you can get it significantly cheaper.

Hope that helps, and welcome!

Nav info:

2001-2005 GS430s are all Gen 2/3 Navigation. The 2006 is Gen 4, and 2007-up are Gen 5.

You really don't need to update every year. Depending on where you live and how new the area is, you may want to update every 3 or 4 years. If you buy the latest and greatest updates, they generally cost about $250 on discount. If you buy an older version from someone else who updated on craigslist or ebay, you can get it significantly cheaper.

Hope that helps, and welcome!

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/What_Generation.html

yeah he's right disc are about 200-250

i upgraded my 1.1 disc in 2007 to a 7.1 disc and when i do my nav retro fit (going from a gen 2/3 to a gen 4 unit) i will get the 8.1 disc.

i normally would suggest upgrading every couple of years depending on how fast they building by you