Rx330 Shifter Lights Out

LX311

Hello,

I have a 2005 RX330 and I just noticed that my shifter lights (Park, Reverse, Drive etc) are not working. The shifter console is not lit except for the snow button. I'm thinking this is a fuse or something - hopefully simple.

Anyone know how to fix this or should I just take it to the dealer?

Thank you!!

Tanja

Hey Tanja

I suspect that the lil bulb that illuminates your shift position has blown.

Here is a diagram of the lil bulb that does that for you. It would be part #35906 on the drawing.

Typically if a fuse blows, it will supply more than just a single bulb and you will notice a whole section of lights out. Sadly, I do not have the electrical diagrams so I can't tell you which bunch of bulbs would go out with the same fuse.

One bulb illuminates the area you are referring to. It is a Sylvania 2721 available at Autozone. You have to remove the trim piece above the console to get at the bulb. Here is a link that will lead you to directions with pics for removing the trim piece.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx300-foru...eplacement.html

Thank you!! I was hoping it wasn't anything major and I can probably just have my mechanice change it.

Thanks again!

Tanja

One bulb illuminates the area you are referring to. It is a Sylvania 2721 available at Autozone. You have to remove the trim piece above the console to get at the bulb. Here is a link that will lead you to directions with pics for removing the trim piece.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx300-foru...eplacement.html