1994 Gs300 265,000 Miles

I know someone that is selling there 1994 GS300 for $2,000. I need some feed back on this. I know that car has been taken care of and the ride is still very nice. Slight ding in the back. Im also worried about the miles on the car. What should I do and what questions should I be asking the seller. This is my first car. Please advise

I know someone that is selling there 1994 GS300 for $2,000. I need some feed back on this. I know that car has been taken care of and the ride is still very nice. Slight ding in the back. Im also worried about the miles on the car. What should I do and what questions should I be asking the seller. This is my first car. Please advise

That's a lot of miles! My 1994 GS300 has 170,000 miles on it. It has some leaks. Dealership said it would cost $7,000 to make it run like new. ( Yeah, right, it's only worth $2,500). In my mind, it's what kind of driving you plan to do? Around town only? Freeway? Are you in a cold climate area? Everything depends on you, really. The only thing I would ask the seller is when the last timing belt was changed. With that kind of mileage, it's just a matter of time before it breaks down. For a first car, I'd opt for a newer Lexus around $5,000.

That's a lot of miles! My 1994 GS300 has 170,000 miles on it. It has some leaks. Dealership said it would cost $7,000 to make it run like new. ( Yeah, right, it's only worth $2,500). In my mind, it's what kind of driving you plan to do? Around town only? Freeway? Are you in a cold climate area? Everything depends on you, really. The only thing I would ask the seller is when the last timing belt was changed. With that kind of mileage, it's just a matter of time before it breaks down. For a first car, I'd opt for a newer Lexus around $5,000.

how much does it cost to change a timing belt?

how much does it cost to change a timing belt?

Replacing timing belts vary widely. The dealer may do it for $200-$500. An independent car repair place may do it for $150-$300. It's a good time to get the water pump and thermostat done at same time.