New Owner

Good Morning,

I am proud to say that I purchased a new 2008 GS 350 AWD from North Hills Lexus, Pitts Pa. I traded in my cadillac STS and what a difference. Now the only thing is to learn all the bells & whistles. Listening to wether forcast and telling us of snow / ice coming so I will be in my warm garage looking it over and giving it its Zaino wax job.

Thanks

KB

Welcome the LOC and congrats on the new GS! :cheers: Don't know if you're planning to keep for long, but if so and you're also driving her during the winter, a warm garage, while nice and comfortable for you, is not a good environment for the car. Going from cold to warm can promote corrosion, especially if the salt hasn't been cleaned off. Undercoating or annual oiling will help prevent this. Still I would rec not heating the garage. Just saying. You also know that too much "looking it over and giving it its Zaino wax job" can leave you bugeyed and very shiny. :D

Good Morning,

I am proud to say that I purchased a new 2008 GS 350 AWD from North Hills Lexus, Pitts Pa. I traded in my cadillac STS and what a difference. Now the only thing is to learn all the bells & whistles. Listening to wether forcast and telling us of snow / ice coming so I will be in my warm garage looking it over and giving it its Zaino wax job.

Thanks

KB

Garage temp stays about 50 if I do any work on car will turn on portable heater and keep moving :D

let us know when the interior starts creaking and rattling like a 20 year old chevy. Actually, that's an insult to 23 year old Chevy's.

-- This ray of sunshine brought to you by the fine folks at "Planned Parenthood" and the one who got away; Bogslow the Troll

Newsflash, Hoss. 23 year-old chevys are still available for your purchase and enjoyment. Jog on.

Hopefully he wont get the creaking and rattling like most of us do. There are a lot of *BLEEP* off owners out there who paid $50,000 for a car that rattles when new.

Granted. A hope for the best like you have done when the guy is happy about his new car is somewhat more appropriate than joining a board to drop your first post as a threadcrap. Rude.

Good Morning,

Thanks

KB

Garage temp stays about 50 if I do any work on car will turn on portable heater and keep moving :D

I know about the portable heater and plugging the drafts under the garage doors. Still what I do even with my old volvo beater is rinse it off before garaging it. We get a lot of salt on the roads up here. Every spring when things start melting, there's a !Removed! load of it on my driveway and down the street. They mix in some gravel/dirt to prevent freezing. Really nice mix that likes to stick to all surfaces, cars, drives, pants, etc. :D Anyway, can't think you'll be needing to do much work on an '08. Maybe listening to the stereo cranked up a bit? :whistles:

Hopefully he wont get the creaking and rattling like most of us do. There are a lot of *BLEEP* off owners out there who paid $50,000 for a car that rattles when new.

G man,

I know how it feels to own a rattle trap I owned a Cadillac STS with creaks in the door pillar area and dashboard. I took it back to Falconi Cadillac several times and even took it to a different dealership and still no good. I filed a complaint with GM customer service and BBB. The end solution was GM gave me a 2 yr 24000 mile service warranty for free. But it still bothered me that I paid 50.000 for creaks and rattles too. Iam hoping this doesn`t happen here and thats why I left GM cars.

KB

Good Morning,

Thanks

KB

I know about the portable heater and plugging the drafts under the garage doors. Still what I do even with my old volvo beater is rinse it off before garaging it. We get a lot of salt on the roads up here. Every spring when things start melting, there's a !Removed! load of it on my driveway and down the street. They mix in some gravel/dirt to prevent freezing. Really nice mix that likes to stick to all surfaces, cars, drives, pants, etc. :D Anyway, can't think you'll be needing to do much work on an '08. Maybe listening to the stereo cranked up a bit? :whistles:

I do try and rinse off to but when its cold all I do is leave a driveway frozen ;)

G man,

I know how it feels to own a rattle trap I owned a Cadillac STS with creaks in the door pillar area and dashboard. I took it back to Falconi Cadillac several times and even took it to a different dealership and still no good. I filed a complaint with GM customer service and BBB. The end solution was GM gave me a 2 yr 24000 mile service warranty for free. But it still bothered me that I paid 50.000 for creaks and rattles too. Iam hoping this doesn`t happen here and thats why I left GM cars.

KB

I think the STS' rattle problem is just bad luck on your part, since there is not too many report of rattling problem with the STS. I hope you have better luck with the GS since you had some bad luck with the STS. The GS along with the Acura TL both have some design issues in which there is a good chance the car will develop rattling issue some time down down the line, especially in the cold climate.