Door Wont Open At All

my 95 sc400 driverside door wont open at all. Ive unfortunatly destroyed my interior, it'll piece back to place though :( . Ive checked all the bars via the pics i found on this site and the little plastic thingy on top of the actuator, all appears to be in good shap. ive tugged on the lock bar in all directions carefull not to bend them however the actuator will not let go of the door jam. its gotta be the actuator itself. Any ideas on how to get the actuator off without getting the door open or a diagram on how this actuator works, with my limited access to the inside of the door and my personal refusal to completely rip the interior to shreds I cant get to it to see every detal of the device. Im thinking mabe if i can put extra force on specific areas of the actuator it might somehow release enough to get the door open, however I have no clue exactually which area to apply pressure. a close up pic of the device, a mechanical blueprint, and exact written discription of how it works, Ill take anything at this point. Boy, some little secret knob would be a dream come true. any help would be extreamly helpful. Thanks.

hmm. that's an interesting one. did the door ever receive any damage? i've seen a couple of times when a door latch is jammed into the lock pin; whether because the latch is too far in or too far out in relation to the pin. try pushing on the door seam right where the latch hooks to the pin while you pull the door handle. do this from the outside and the inside. if you can get the door open, you can probably realign (or replace!) the latch or pin. i think you'll probably have the devil of a time trying to get the latch out of a closed door.. they usually attach through the exterior (screws through the door side jamb). Good luck!

95sc400nproud, Try the follow links below for assistance? The first link will show the process in which to take off the inner door panel, it will show the areas where all the plugs/bolts are located. I know you can't open your door to get at all of them, but this will give you a general idea where the connections are in the door panel. The next link shows how to get at actuator and fix the door.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audi...html#post802171

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-400-300...diy-w-pics.html

Ived tried everything jiggling pounding forceing with a big screwdriver nothing works i guess I will have to resort to getting it with sand in the ky-jelly by a autobody shop. anybody know a good one in the miami area? just in case anyone wants a pictorial of the actuator heres a pretty helpful link http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/9739/53292.html its to a diffrent forum hope thats ok.

I guess thats a no on the whole magic button senerio.

Man, I have been watching this thread since the beginning, and was pulling for you getting a workable solution. :(

This was just a nightmare of a problem and apparently one nobody has really seen.

Good luck on the sandy-lube treatment(!) and please let us know how it works out! :D

• 1 month later...

I fixed it I fixed it, it turns out there is a magic release knob, if you can get to the door lock assembly the lever is right where my middle finger is. just move it straight down and the door pops open locked or not.

Its a lock bypass. unfortunatly in order to get to the assemble you have to tear up the interior a little if the door wont open at all that is. but once your in just move the lever and ta-da.

after eight months of messing with this thing its finally operating properly. O by the way the reason it broke in the first place is the spring poped off and the door lever would not come back up keeping the door lock from unlocking.

post-86001-1237876506_thumb.jpg

post-86001-1237876769_thumb.jpg

95sc400nproud, Glad to hear you finally (after eight months) fixed the problem. Talk about being patient with a dilemma. I assume from the picture you mean the yellow object? Now do a DIY (do it yourself) step process on how to fix and post it.

95sc400nproud, Glad to hear you finally (after eight months) fixed the problem. Talk about being patient with a dilemma. I assume from the picture you mean the yellow object? Now do a DIY (do it yourself) step process on how to fix and post it.

sorry I posted the wrong pic, but I fixed it now, this is the correct lever below my middle finger, once you get to the assembly, locate the lever and pull it down. The door pops open like magic!

As you can imagine I didnt drive the car much because of it. To be perfectly honest about it I was about to just break the darn thing and rig it to close with magnets, but could not fit the hammer into the door panel, so i tried a screwdriver and accedently hit the magic button, took the assembly out and found the spring missing, {you can planly see the spring in the link I provided above} and just in case anyone needs a PDF manuel to the sc400 I have one just email me, xlcair@hotmail.com I will assest if possible! Now my door works like butter!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Now I am in the same boat. I had been unable to open the driver's door from the outside for awhile but it had not inched up my to do list since all I had to do was reach over from the passenger side. I took the car in for its smog test today (passed easily, thank you) and the diagnostician apparently could not open the door from the inside. He tugged on the inside door handle hard enough to snap it. Previously, all I had to do was take the door panel off. As everyone knows, however, once a diagnostician broke it so I could not open the door at all, the challenge became much greater.

How do I get my hands in the right place to release the emergency latch without destroying my interior door panel?

Thanks,

Wade

sorry wade that is impossible. if the door wont open from inside or out, the back top of the door must go. do it so you dont break the upper window linner linner like I did pull just below it after unscrewing all the possible screws first from lower portion of the door. and yank at the top left. SORRY, I know it sucks, but if you want in...

Salvation! Thanks to a slim jim and a little patience the door is open. Slim jim and related tools available online for about $25 including shipping. That is about $700 cheaper than replacing the inner door panel at the dealer. Once the door is open follow the steps on this forum to remove the inner door panel.

Wade

• 2 months later...

sorry I posted the wrong pic, but I fixed it now, this is the correct lever below my middle finger, once you get to the assembly, locate the lever and pull it down. The door pops open like magic!

As you can imagine I didnt drive the car much because of it. To be perfectly honest about it I was about to just break the darn thing and rig it to close with magnets, but could not fit the hammer into the door panel, so i tried a screwdriver and accedently hit the magic button, took the assembly out and found the spring missing, {you can planly see the spring in the link I provided above} and just in case anyone needs a PDF manuel to the sc400 I have one just email me, xlcair@hotmail.com I will assest if possible! Now my door works like butter!!!!!!

is the pic we see the correct one? if not, where is the new one? this door is driving me crazy!!!

• 1 year later...

Salvation! Thanks to a slim jim and a little patience the door is open. Slim jim and related tools available online for about $25 including shipping. That is about $700 cheaper than replacing the inner door panel at the dealer. Once the door is open follow the steps on this forum to remove the inner door panel.

Wade

We're in this same boat and we have a slim jim but can't seem to get the door open using it. Any pointers on how to use the slim jim to get the door open? What am I aiming for?