Nexen Tires

Has anyone had good results with Nexen N5000 tires??? They are V rated and UTQG rated at 420AA. They also have a 60k mileage warranty and listed as an ultra high performance all season tire........

I am in need of new ones to replace my original ones, which were Potenza RE92's. I am at 30k and hoping to make 35k before I buy. I don't want to spend $225/tire for the Potenzas, but I also do not want to be cheap on a $40k car.....

Nexen was recommended to me by an acquintance who works at a custom car place by where I work.

I welcome any feedback, good or bad...........oh, tire size is 225/45/17............

Thanks!

Check out www.1010tires.com

I just checked thier prices and Tire rack has them beat by quite a bit. Look up 255/35/19 summer tires and look at Goodyear F1 Asymetrics. On Tire Rack their 252 bucks each. On 1010 tires they are 304 each. Same tire. <_<

I have nexens on my 19's... 20k miles in them so far and I have no complaints about their performance.. although I really should take them off... its gonna snow tonight...

I got them locally at a custom wheel shop for about $160 a piece I think... I can't really remember it was quite some time ago, but there was a site that sold them for really good prices as well, I'll try to see if I can find it again.

Has anyone had good results with Nexen N5000 tires??? They are V rated and UTQG rated at 420AA. They also have a 60k mileage warranty and listed as an ultra high performance all season tire........

I am in need of new ones to replace my original ones, which were Potenza RE92's. I am at 30k and hoping to make 35k before I buy. I don't want to spend $225/tire for the Potenzas, but I also do not want to be cheap on a $40k car.....

Nexen was recommended to me by an acquintance who works at a custom car place by where I work.

I welcome any feedback, good or bad...........oh, tire size is 225/45/17............

Thanks!

Nexen are a good low cost alternative. I have noticed they make a little road noise though, but good tires.

I don't think that I will get 60K out of any tires on the IS. You can't really rotate them. I got 37K out of the factory Potenza's, but they were cupped and noisy at 20K.

This somewhat irrelevent but, I got 96,000 from a set of Pirelli P3000's on my 2001 Camry, which I was actually quite surprised. 96,000 miles is the longest I've ever gotten out of any tire on any vehicle. I had the tires rotated and rebalanced about every 7,000 miles. They had a 80K mile warranty. At about 65,000 they were cupping a little and when I took them in to Discount Tire, the Manager suggested that they would continue to cup even after rotating and swapping front to back, and wanted to replace them. I said "No, I think I'll see if they smooth out." Well, after about 1 week (800 miles), they smoothed out and wore even, and when I had them replaced, they were still perfectly balanced with normal feel with a normal increase in road noise. I probably could have squeezed another couple thousand miles out of them, but since I drive 80 MPH on freeways often, and here in AZ the road surfaces can get extremely hot in the summer months. it's just not worth it.

96K!!! Holy ****!! That is pretty good. Damn good. Like I said, I am at 30k and getting ready for the 30k service. I am hoping to take them to 35k before I buy new ones. I am not expecting to get 60k out of the new ones, but they should at least take me to 45k if not more. I drive mostly highway......I guess it is all relative and definitely makes a difference if you pay close attention to pressure and alignment!

Is rebalancing necessry with every rotaion though???? Do they do this at the dealer, or do they just rotate per directional tire guidelines??

P.S. I am getting the Nexens for $490 out the door....I believe that this is a great price......(size 225/45/17)