New Gs430 Owner

Picked up a black 02 GS430 today. I was a former LS owner (First generation totalled last week). It just isn't the same! However, this is one serious car. Fast as all hell, and it really feels as solid as a 5 series driving down the freeway. Beautiful car. I've got the stupid blown sub that I'm ordering as we speak. What do you guys suggest as far as upgrades? I do high mileage now so I'm going to stick to the basics. Darker tint, and headlight upgrade. Which aftermarket housings should I get? i want to find a pair with the built in projectors. Im going to upgrade the fogs to HID first. Cheers!

Is this Veronica's replacement?:cries:

Congrats on your replacement...maybe she will grow on you.

Have a name for her yet? :)

Yea its her replacment. I'm currently brainstorming names.

How about Veronique?

oe how bout natasha?

Which aftermarket housings should I get? i want to find a pair with the built in projectors. Im going to upgrade the fogs to HID first. Cheers!

I only really know of one aftermarket housing that comes with a built in projector and thats the one that I currently have installed. They'll run you about $250 or so but they really feel chintzy compared to the OEM lamps. They do the job though.

I wish i had some 430 power.... but i don't so most of upgrades are suspension oriented... if I ever actually get them installed.

My gs3 has been named Bertha... idk why i let my ex gf name it. :( .. please pick something better than bertha... although that shouldn't be hard.

Which aftermarket housings should I get? i want to find a pair with the built in projectors. Im going to upgrade the fogs to HID first. Cheers!

I only really know of one aftermarket housing that comes with a built in projector and thats the one that I currently have installed. They'll run you about $250 or so but they really feel chintzy compared to the OEM lamps. They do the job though.

I wish i had some 430 power.... but i don't so most of upgrades are suspension oriented... if I ever actually get them installed.

My gs3 has been named Bertha... idk why i let my ex gf name it. :( .. please pick something better than bertha... although that shouldn't be hard.

Just think, if you had a Tundra you could wind up with Bertha and Bubba. :D

Just think, if you had a Tundra you could wind up with Bertha and Bubba. :D

I have decided to name her Kimberly or Iris. (The EMT that helped me after my accident was named Kim). Im going to start a thread for names. I'm also starting a thread for some of my LS400 parts.

• 1 year later...

Congrat. I miss driving my GS300. Great for long distance driving :D

I've had it for about a year and a hlaf now and I'm very pleased. Very trouble free car. Had to have the AC recharged. Other than that, maintenence as usual! I do miss having more room (LS400), but I guess you an't have everything. The grip is the best thing about this car even though it is damn powerful. Everybody who drives in it or rides in it comments on how sure footed this car is. It gives you a confident feel of the road. I never bought the aftermarket headlamps, although I might do a retrofit projector job some day. And I went with Kimberly :)

post-14417-127725269852_thumb.jpg

post-14417-12772527139_thumb.jpg

Congrat. I miss driving my GS300. Great for long distance driving :D

I've had it for about a year and a half now and I'm very pleased. Very trouble free car. Had to have the AC recharged. Other than that, maintenence as usual! I do miss having more room (LS400), but I guess you an't have everything. The grip is the best thing about this car even though it is damn powerful. Everybody who drives in it or rides in it comments on how sure footed this car is. It gives you a confident feel of the road. I never bought the aftermarket headlamps, although I might do a retrofit projector job some day. And I went with Kimberly :)