Hood Struts Won't Hold Up

eds92sc

Anyone have any quick fixes for my hood struts that just stopped holding up? Besides the broomstick method.

Thanks for any repair ideas.....

What's wrong with the broomstick method? :D Until you replace them you can use locking pliars. Just open the hood and place them on the rod right at the strut. Test to make sure they won't slip. Those hoods are heavy and would leave a nasty dent in your head or wherever! :cheers:

Anyone have any quick fixes for my hood struts that just stopped holding up? Besides the broomstick method.

What's wrong with the broomstick method? :D Until you replace them you can use locking pliars. Just open the hood and place them on the rod right at the strut. Test to make sure they won't slip. Those hoods are heavy and would leave a nasty dent in your head or wherever! :cheers:

Funny!

EUBT has a smidge of backyard engineering in his background! :lol:

Funny!

Hey billy, isn't the backyard where we all invent whatever we need to get that thing fixed before the steak starts to burn on bbq because I thought I could get it finished in time but ran out of materials or couldn't figure exactly how to finish it but the answer is almost at my fingertips if I only stay with it and ..... what was it ... mmmm .... oh yeah .... completely forgot about the steak? :whistles: !Removed! happens, but like Carlin said, "there's many different kinds of !Removed!"

The quick fix is to replace the struts. Not hard to do and lasts for a long time. This is the sort of repair that is normal maintenance when you own an older car. If you do not fix these little problems as they come up, over time you will be driving junk. Just my opinion.

Funny!

Hey billy, isn't the backyard where we all invent whatever we need to get that thing fixed before the steak starts to burn on bbq because I thought I could get it finished in time but ran out of materials or couldn't figure exactly how to finish it but the answer is almost at my fingertips if I only stay with it and ..... what was it ... mmmm .... oh yeah .... completely forgot about the steak? :whistles: !Removed! happens, but like Carlin said, "there's many different kinds of !Removed!"