Tranny Drain And Fill Diy Help?easy Or Difficult?no Flushing?

pete rock

hi i need to change my tranny fluid in my 93 es300.now my question is ive heard a tranny flush can damage the car more than help it.ive read to just do a simple drain and fill?is this true?it costs around 100 bucks by me to get a flush,which isnt a big deal.but a simple drain and fill im curious if i can do myself with some of your expert help.is there a DIY thread that can walk me though it??im hesitant to do anything cause i want to make sure i need to do a simple drain and fill.please help guys any and all info is much appreciated thanxxx

so from what im reading a flush can do more damage then good.so im just going to ask for a drain and fill cause im sure my tranny fluid hasnt been changed in a number of years.anymore info would be great guys and thank you for the quick replies i really appreciate it

hi i need to change my tranny fluid in my 93 es300.now my question is ive heard a tranny flush can damage the car more than help it.ive read to just do a simple drain and fill?is this true?it costs around 100 bucks by me to get a flush,which isnt a big deal.but a simple drain and fill im curious if i can do myself with some of your expert help.is there a DIY thread that can walk me though it??im hesitant to do anything cause i want to make sure i need to do a simple drain and fill.please help guys any and all info is much appreciated thanxxx

hey i have a 97 es 300 and just did the drain and fill last week , on the bottom of the trans pan there is a screw in bolt that is round all the way around and has a recessed hex head in the middle so you will need the special socket its a 10mm recessed hex head (like 5$ at sears), i suggest using a half inch drive socket just to get a little more torque so you can break it loose. i jacked my car up on the passenger side and slid under, i figured it would drain better to that side. be careful once you loosen the bolt the fluid starts to come out right away so have your pan ready. IMPORTANT*** THERE IS AN ALUMINUM "CRUSH WASHER that seals the bolt when you put the bolt back in and tighten it after you drain the flluid. i was told everytime you drain the fluid you should use a brand new "crush washer" 2$ at the dealer, i get a few at a time. i have drained my honda several times as well and always use a new washer. i just dont like to take chances of maybe getting a leak. 3 qts came out and i refilled it with toyota dexron-mercon #3 (3.23$) per qt. i think thats cheaper than auto parts store. i like to use dealer fluid the best. its very simple, i may do it again just to have a more fresher fluid overall.