Ac Problem, Help!

ok so i just picked up this 92 sc300 and the problem is everytime i Push the temperature/auto knob thing the AC/heater fuse blows!! my heater works fine but ac doesnt.. any help would be appreciated.

thanx n advance.

alex

Have it checked out. Do not try to run it if you're constantly blowing fuses. Could be defective low pressure switch, compressor clutch, clutch wirng/connections, clutch relay, locked compressor, short in the wiring or circuit.

ok ill take it to a shop, hope its nuthing major :o

If it becomes a major est, get a second or even a third. You'd be surprised how much they can vary. And use a shop with Lexus experience or one that specializes in rad-a/c. I got an price once from the dealer for a new oem rad for my volvo. Got a second one at a rad/cooling system only service shop. Price was just over half for the rad. After I put it in, took it to my volvo dealer to show my tech friend there. He said it was better quality than the oem replacements the dealer was using. Just giving you this example to illustrate the point that I wouldn't have know if I didn't go looking. Oh yeah, and make sure they know if the car's been converted.

yea i know i wouldnt take it to no dealers theyr just a bunch of thiefs when it comes to parts n service!! but yea ur right as soon as i find out whats the exact problem ill check out different ones for prices... and what u mean if the car has been converted??

thanks much.

yea i know i wouldnt take it to no dealers theyr just a bunch of thiefs when it comes to parts n service!! but yea ur right as soon as i find out whats the exact problem ill check out different ones for prices... and what u mean if the car has been converted??

thanks much.

Though Lexus is expensive, you might give Toyota a chance to estimate it. They're typically cheaper on their labor rate as well as on parts. Ex, same filter for an LS from Toyota has the Toyota label on the box - only difference, costs more if you buy it from Lexus.

With conversion I meant that you should know whether your a/c system has been converted from Freon/ CFC-12/R12 to R134a/hfc-134a. You cannot mix refrigerants.

yea thats truee..

now how am i supposed to know if its been converted, i just bought this thing? lol

If you're taking it in to a shop, they'll know just by looking at it. There will be either a conversion sticker plastered somehwere near the system that comes with the retrofit kit. The fittings should also be a different size.

oh okk i c.. yea as soon as i get some cash ill take it in n check it out!! hey what u think about the milage though 162k it runs smooth as *BLEEP* but sometimes i get kinda worried about it :P i mean its the first time i own a lex. u know how far aprox. this straight 6 gets cuz i really dont wanna spend alot of money repairing it later i wanna save up for modifying it u know what i mean!!

oh okk i c.. yea as soon as i get some cash ill take it in n check it out!! hey what u think about the milage though 162k it runs smooth as *BLEEP* but sometimes i get kinda worried about it :P i mean its the first time i own a lex. u know how far aprox. this straight 6 gets cuz i really dont wanna spend alot of money repairing it later i wanna save up for modifying it u know what i mean!!

Listen Alex, the SC is a nice car. My advice is for you to read up as much as you can on this forum. There's a ton of info. Really get to know your car. There are a lot of members who mod their cars. Here's one link:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5309

If you don't want to spend a lot on repairs then prevention is the key. Make sure you stick to the maintenance schedule for all fluid/filter changes, lubes, etc. Another tip is, when something needs repair, don't delay if you can avoid it. Probs don't repair themselves, they just get worse and often wind up costing a lot more later than if you had done it earlier. Welcome to the club!

:cheers:

Thanx alot man i appreciate the advise!! i really love it so much i hate to let it go now and prolly if i ever did i will HAVE to get another one!! it is an awsome car for tuning and DD.. but yea like u said ill keep up with it as much as i possibly can to take care of it... but yea ill read up more about it and am into drifting so god knows maybe this will be the one for it. ;)

so what u got 300/400 any pics :D

Thanx alot man i appreciate the advise!! i really love it so much i hate to let it go now and prolly if i ever did i will HAVE to get another one!! it is an awsome car for tuning and DD.. but yea like u said ill keep up with it as much as i possibly can to take care of it... but yea ill read up more about it and am into drifting so god knows maybe this will be the one for it. ;)

so what u got 300/400 any pics :D

Nothing modded now. Just a straight mint LS:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52173

Do like the first gen SC and Supras. If I ever get one, most likely will do some work on it. Don't know about drifting for me but getting back to the track someday maybe. Have to wait for some free time - a little hard to find these days.

Nice nice bro its a cleanass lex.. I worked for a used car dealer last year n we use to sell those models alot they r pretty smooth!! But yea u should definatly think about gettn the sc its incredible.. Oh i think my ps reservoir leakn it seems kinda wet under it i just noticed it when i added a lil bit, but ill have to check that out to see where the leak is from <_<

Nice nice bro its a cleanass lex.. I worked for a used car dealer last year n we use to sell those models alot they r pretty smooth!! But yea u should definatly think about gettn the sc its incredible.. Oh i think my ps reservoir leakn it seems kinda wet under it i just noticed it when i added a lil bit, but ill have to check that out to see where the leak is from <_<

Thanks. About that leak, make sure it's not leaking onto the alt. Otherwise you'll be looking for a new one.

Thanks. About that leak, make sure it's not leaking onto the alt. Otherwise you'll be looking for a new one.

its actually the AC compressor thats under the ps pump!!! and i found out its the compressor that has been burnt.

its actually the AC compressor thats under the ps pump!!! and i found out its the compressor that has been burnt.

Yeah, too bad about the compressor, but at least the p/s isn't leaking. Did you go to the dealer or use an indie?