I Cannot Wait!

Well my wife and I are in the market for a new car. Living in Wisconsin one of the requirements was AWD. I test drove a Audi A4 Quattro a couple weeks ago and at that time that is the car I was hot on. Well then sitting right next to it there was a IS 250 AWD. So I took it for a spin too. I immediately fell in love with it. A week later I took my wife back so she could drive it and check out the back seat to make sure it would house a car seat for future kids. Well, it was sold. So yesterday my wife located another one near us and she finally got to drive it and see one in person. While driving it she was ear to ear grinning the whole time! Needless to say that will be the car we buy. We are looking to purchase one in May/June. I am hoping to find a 2008 with low miles on for under $30k with all the options including Nav. and Xenons. We are both hot on the Pearl white so that will be the color I search for. Anyways, just wanted to drop by and say hi! These next few months cannot come quick enough.

On another note I do not get how some say the car is underpowered. We drove it up on the freeway and while getting on I floored it and I had no qualms about the power of the car.

Pro's

Safe

Reliable

Luxurious

Sporty

Great gas mileage

Super cool Nav. and bluetooth

Cheaper maintenance in comparison to other high end cars

Con's

Nothing

Hey Jeremy, welcome to the LOC!

Sounds like you have got a plan and some marching orders in terms of colors and options; you should be well-educated by the time your buying window opens up.

There are bunches of helpful posts and threads here to help you know what you are getting into.

I think the performance argument really depends on your perspective. If you were coming from a BMW M3 for instance, your perspective might be a tad different than if you were coming from a Corolla. If you are happy with the power, then that is all that matters! I suppose that is why Lex makes a few different flavors.

You may want to check into Certified Pre Owned when you get closer to buying. The CPO program really adds peace of mind to your purchase with a comprehensive bumper to bumper warranty and it even has the roadside assistance included just like a brand new Lexus. When we were shopping for our RX400h, I would check the Lexus CPO listings daily for the color my wife wanted and finally we found one for the price we wanted to pay.

Good Luck and keep us updated!

Hey Jeremy, welcome to the LOC!

Sounds like you have got a plan and some marching orders in terms of colors and options; you should be well-educated by the time your buying window opens up.

There are bunches of helpful posts and threads here to help you know what you are getting into.

I think the performance argument really depends on your perspective. If you were coming from a BMW M3 for instance, your perspective might be a tad different than if you were coming from a Corolla. If you are happy with the power, then that is all that matters! I suppose that is why Lex makes a few different flavors.

You may want to check into Certified Pre Owned when you get closer to buying. The CPO program really adds peace of mind to your purchase with a comprehensive bumper to bumper warranty and it even has the roadside assistance included just like a brand new Lexus. When we were shopping for our RX400h, I would check the Lexus CPO listings daily for the color my wife wanted and finally we found one for the price we wanted to pay.

Good Luck and keep us updated!

I do not purchase anything without research a lot!! I agree on the M3 comment. I currently have a 04 Mazda 3s with all the options. I would say the IS is on par or a tad more in power with the 3s. I would be looking at the 350 for sure if it came in AWD. Here are some pictures of my 3s. Thanks for the replies!

100_2472.jpg

100_2473.jpg

100_2474.jpg

I had my eye on a white IS350 since its release in late 2005, even test drove it, but didn't want to pay the big $$$. Long story short me & my wife recently had a baby and our 2 door sport coupe was an absolute headache getting the infant car seat in the back, not to mention my wife having to squeeze herself into the rear seat to take care of the little one.

We were in the market for a 4 door sedan and narrowed it down to the Infiniti M35X & the Lexus

IS250AWD/350. I had to kill my dream of getting the IS350 'cause of the high price but mainly because it was RWD, Winter can be brutal here & I didn't want to risk getting stuck in snow in the middle of a storm with our little baby in the back. We had to knock the M35X off the list even though the interior had more features than the IS, it was the exterior that ruined it, so unattractive.

So we decided on the IS250 AWD. Only 2 requirements,

1. Must be the fully loaded Luxury package w/Nav.

2. Exterior must be white, or I could even settle for silver, nothing else.

Ended up finding a pre-owned fully loaded model at a nearby Lex dealership with low mileage and an OUTSTANDING price. Me & my wife were sold after the test drive. :D Only 1 problem - the exterior was black. The salesman & my wife then gave me the lecture of, "when you're in the market for a pre-owned vehicle you can't get everything you want". :( So I sacrificed the colour & purchased the vehicle. But man, even now, when I see a white or silver IS driving down the road, they ALWAYS grab my attention... Even contemplated having my car painted. Oh & by the way, another feature I loved about the IS250/350 are the stock rims, beautiful! I'm not too crazy about the ones that come with the AWD.

Regarding its power, I think its awesome. I'm coming from a Toyota Celica GTS that had 180HP to the IS that has 208 (I think), so i'm happy.

post-87099-1232932564_thumb.jpg

post-87099-1232932578_thumb.jpg

post-87099-1232932892_thumb.jpg

Do not let yourself be swayed away by the fact that the 350 is a RWD only car. I live in the Cleveland area so I bought a 2nd set of wheels for winter. I have Blizzacks ws-60 on and with these tires in snow the 350 handles better than any FWD (equiped with all season tires) car I have ever had. If you do go that route add about $1800 for rims, TPMS, and the Blizzacks. Either way you will enjoy owning an IS.

They are right, the power really depends on what you are used to and looking for. My wife and I drove an IS250 and she really liked it. But, for me, since I was trading in my Mustang GT really wanted something a little peppier. We got the 350 because she knew I would try and keep my Mustang otherwise :)

I had my eye on a white IS350 since its release in late 2005, even test drove it, but didn't want to pay the big $$$. Long story short me & my wife recently had a baby and our 2 door sport coupe was an absolute headache getting the infant car seat in the back, not to mention my wife having to squeeze herself into the rear seat to take care of the little one.

We were in the market for a 4 door sedan and narrowed it down to the Infiniti M35X & the Lexus

IS250AWD/350. I had to kill my dream of getting the IS350 'cause of the high price but mainly because it was RWD, Winter can be brutal here & I didn't want to risk getting stuck in snow in the middle of a storm with our little baby in the back. We had to knock the M35X off the list even though the interior had more features than the IS, it was the exterior that ruined it, so unattractive.

So we decided on the IS250 AWD. Only 2 requirements,

1. Must be the fully loaded Luxury package w/Nav.

2. Exterior must be white, or I could even settle for silver, nothing else.

Ended up finding a pre-owned fully loaded model at a nearby Lex dealership with low mileage and an OUTSTANDING price. Me & my wife were sold after the test drive. :D Only 1 problem - the exterior was black. The salesman & my wife then gave me the lecture of, "when you're in the market for a pre-owned vehicle you can't get everything you want". :( So I sacrificed the colour & purchased the vehicle. But man, even now, when I see a white or silver IS driving down the road, they ALWAYS grab my attention... Even contemplated having my car painted. Oh & by the way, another feature I loved about the IS250/350 are the stock rims, beautiful! I'm not too crazy about the ones that come with the AWD.

Regarding its power, I think its awesome. I'm coming from a Toyota Celica GTS that had 180HP to the IS that has 208 (I think), so i'm happy.

Wow man sounds like the same situation I am in. LOL Thanks for the input. I am looking forward to the AWD in winter as well. We have been getting nailed lately with snow and cold. Record snowfall for that matter. We were actually looking at the G35 AWD Infiniti but man the looks of the sedan is just butt ugly in my opinion. The coupe is nice. I would rather have the less horsepower than it and have a much nicer interior and look to it.

They are right, the power really depends on what you are used to and looking for. My wife and I drove an IS250 and she really liked it. But, for me, since I was trading in my Mustang GT really wanted something a little peppier. We got the 350 because she knew I would try and keep my Mustang otherwise :)

Someday maybe they will come out with a AWD 350!!