1995 Tilt Problems Recall

billydpowell

I didn't find any TSIB's for the tilt/telescope system on the 95-97 LS400 in the ARRC database -- that doesn't mean there weren't any. I did find TSIB's for tilt/telescope issues on the 98-00 LS400 and the early LS430 -- I've posted them on this forum several times in the past.

What exactly are you looking for? The TSIB's for tilt/telescope problems were not "recalls" and described repairs that were done by Lexus dealers at no cost during the regular warranty period and only if a customer's car developed a problem.

I wish lawmakers would make some legislation requiring manufacturers to fix any safety problems with a vehicle for free (if it is not the result of an accident or any alteration or misuse). Things like seatbelts, malfunctioning airbag sensors, tilt wheels stuck all the way up (an airbag to the face could do serious damage), etc.

I didn't find any TSIB's for the tilt/telescope system on the 95-97 LS400 in the ARRC database -- that doesn't mean there weren't any. I did find TSIB's for tilt/telescope issues on the 98-00 LS400 and the early LS430 -- I've posted them on this forum several times in the past.

What exactly are you looking for? The TSIB's for tilt/telescope problems were not "recalls" and described repairs that were done by Lexus dealers at no cost during the regular warranty period and only if a customer's car developed a problem.

OK, I just bought a 1995 LS400, 161K miles for 3700. Feels just like my 97LS. BUT the telescoping colunm is not moving, the tilt works fine.

It only moves a fraction when you try to move it toward you and the motor sound stops also.

ANY HELPS?????

post-5365-1232927694_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232927711_thumb.jpg